Home Metal Detecting

I swung the coil on vacation

Hi RickO,
You may recall my telling you I am 83 years old and didn't think I could go detecting anymore. You told me to give it a shot. I took your advice and in Wisconsin, I was able to hit three different parks. Nothing major found but, I ended up with $18.11. Included were two 1941 wheat pennies, two Presidential dollar coins, and one dollar bill laying on the grass in one of the parks. One man approached me and asked if I found anything. I told him what I had found that day and he asked me, "You mean that machine can locate a dollar bill?" That is when a little orneriness in me came out. I told him it sure can locate dollar bills, but only silver certificates. He walked away believing me. All in all, when I was done, I felt fine after going, had a good time seeing my grandson as well, and am looking forward to going again next year. MDH

Comments

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like fun and grandson to boot was just a huge plus!

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good call by @ricko - glad you got out there and had some fun!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@metaldetectinghound..... That is great news.... so glad you did not hang it up. Still stuff to be found and fun to be had.... and I am sure your grandson will develop the fever for finding 'buried treasure'.....Keep swinging that coil.....Cheers, RickO

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

way to go @metaldetectinghound your hunt was a success. You founds some money, got out and about, and the Grandson to boot. Wonderful thanks for sharing your story.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course it finds silver certificates, silly guy

Frank

BHNC #203