Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ebay seller feedback wanted

Hello,
Has anyone done business with hgsi1? I've been looking at a particular Coin he has, which is listed at a very high price
Buy it now or make offer. I've made a couple of offers which were instantly declined. I see he has a no return policy
and a 98.3% rating. 2 flags already, I really want the coin but not anywhere near asking price. I'm like a kid in a candy store
with no money. Send me a PM if you have any feedback as I don't want a upset anyone. Maybe Mr. hgsi1 is a member here.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

Difference in wanting and having is usally money.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2017 11:14AM

Since you asked

25 negative, 14 neutral. You might have to keep refreshing the link to get the results.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

stay away; find a better seller with return allowed.

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have never purchased an item from someone who doesn’t have a return policy. It might work out but why bother.
    Plus 25 negative feed back comments, they aren’t trying very hard to keep buyers happy.

• Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, took a peak at @derryb's report. I'd stay away from that seller. It's a common collector quandry: a coin you really want is being sold by someone you don't fully trust for way more money than is reasonable. Advice: there will always be another coin, you just don't know when. Save your funds for when that day arrives.

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a lot of trouble with sellers who only see things their way, don't communicate in a civilized fashion, zero humility, one way business practices. No viable business could operate like that.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

@No Headlights said:
    I have never purchased an item from someone who doesn’t have a return policy. It might work out but why bother.
    Plus 25 negative feed back comments, they aren’t trying very hard to keep buyers happy.

This makes no sense. If it is not as described there is a return, regardless of what the seller says. You're covered, period.
    bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@No Headlights said:

all I can say is:

DITTO!

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ebay is full of sellers who are way too proud of their offerings, there are also deals to be had. Just wait till you find a more reasonable person who's realistic about what a particular coin should sell for.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

His highest priced coins are all graded. Not sure how you can really go wrong there.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Scootersdad said:
    Hello,
    Has anyone done business with hgsi1? I've been looking at a particular Coin he has, which is listed at a very high price
    Buy it now or make offer. I've made a couple of offers which were instantly declined. I see he has a no return policy
    and a 98.3% rating. 2 flags already, I really want the coin but not anywhere near asking price. I'm like a kid in a candy store
    with no money. Send me a PM if you have any feedback as I don't want a upset anyone. Maybe Mr. hgsi1 is a member here.
    Thanks

It never hurts to make an offer as much as it does to have it rejected. But, in this case, it's cause for a celebratory drink.

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

His feedback is better than stated above, at least from my view!

• Options
    edited November 28, 2017 9:46PM

@Wabbit2313 said:

One of the few good things ebay does for sellers is to show only their past 12 months of feedback to potential buyers. I prefer seeing all of their negs at the toolhaus website.

• Options

@derryb said:

@Wabbit2313 said:

One of the few good things ebay does for sellers is to show only their past 12 months of feedback to potential buyers. I prefer seeing all of their negs at the toolhaus website.

But even counting all the past negatives, his post is true. 25 total negatives out of 2,169 feedback is closer to 99% positive.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're doubtful or feel uncomfortable with doing any deal, don't do it !!! :s

Timbuk3
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never let the desire for a coin override your good judgement..... You will regret it. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited November 29, 2017 11:16AM

@jwitten said:

But even counting all the past negatives, his post is true. 25 total negatives out of 2,169 feedback is closer to 99% positive.

focus on the red flag, not the green one.

• Options

@derryb said:

@jwitten said:

I'm not sure what you mean? When looking at his complete feedback, it is close to 99%. And this is for a graded coin. I would have no hesitation buying it, especially since ebay covers you if something goes wrong.

• Options

@derryb said:

@jwitten said:

If someone told me I have a 99 out of 100 chance on anything, I'll take those odds. I have seen way worse sellers than this. In reviewing the sellers auctions, he is dreaming with many of those asking prices. That alone would be the reason for me not to buy.

• Options
    edited November 29, 2017 11:48AM

@jwitten said:

@derryb said:

@jwitten said:

I'm not sure what you mean? When looking at his complete feedback, it is close to 99%. And this is for a graded coin. I would have no hesitation buying it, especially since ebay covers you if something goes wrong.

Seller has 25 unhappy customers and another 14 who left neutral feedback. The fact that they are only one percent of his customers is irrelevant to me. There are many good sellers out there to buy from. Given the choice between this seller and what I consider a good seller I will always choose the good seller. Sure, ebay will cover you if something goes wrong but why go through the hassle when there are proven, hassle free sellers?

• Options

@derryb said:

@jwitten said:

@derryb said:

@jwitten said:

Seller has 25 unhappy customers and another 14 who left neutral feedback. The fact that they are only one percent of his customers is irrelevant to me. There are many good sellers out there to buy from. Given the choice between this seller and what I consider a good seller I will always choose the good seller. Sure, ebay will cover you if something goes wrong but why go through the hassle when there are proven, hassle free sellers?

What hassle? If you are buying a graded coin, you know what you are getting. If something goes wrong, there is not really any extra hassle telling ebay about it if he doesn't fix it. Super easy.

• Options
    edited November 29, 2017 3:26PM

@jwitten said:

What hassle? If you are buying a graded coin, you know what you are getting. If something goes wrong, there is not really any extra hassle telling ebay about it if he doesn't fix it. Super easy.

I consider having my money tied up awaiting the outcome of an ebay dispute to be a hassle, especially when I could have purchased from a seller with a proven track record. OP asked for feedback on this particular seller and he got my opinion. Do I take chances with such sellers? Sure, if the reward is greater than the hassle.

• Options

@derryb said:

@jwitten said:

I consider having my money tied up awaiting the outcome of an ebay dispute to be a hassle, especially when I could have purchased from a seller with a proven track record. OP asked for feedback on this particular seller and he got my opinion. Do I take chances with such sellers? Sure, if the reward is greater than the hassle.

But what if he is the seller who has the coin you want, as is the case in this thread? You can't just go buy that same coin from someone else, even with 100% feedback!

• Options

ebay sellers with 25 negs and 14 neutrals will not get my business no matter "what if."

• Options

@derryb said:
    ebay sellers with 25 negs and 14 neutrals will not get my business no matter "what if."

You would buy it from some dude standing on a street corner if he had the exact coin you wanted and needed. Me too!

• Options

OK, you talked me into it. 39 unhappy buyers doesn't matter.

• Options
    ScootersdadScootersdad Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

Most of the time I'd walk away from an unrealistic seller/dealer, but I got
    that registry monkey on my back. And that is an entirely a different discussion.
    Thanks all for the recommendations.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file