• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice, Soak it in coin care for awhile.

• dagingerbeastttdagingerbeasttt Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:

What is coin care sir . And where can I get it lol

• silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2017 10:53AM

seen much worse looking coins then this one, IMHO it looks to be salvageable

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still a nice find.

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dagingerbeasttt said:

@Insider2 said:

First, I appreciate your respectful question but I'm not a "sir." Just a member. Coin Care is a chemical that is sold on line and in coin shops. There are many chemicals used to conserve coins, this is one of them that will not ruin your coin. DO NOT RUB the surface of your coin with anything. If it is valuable enough, send it to a TPGS and ask for professional conservation. AFAIK, one of them conserves coins sent in to be graded/authenticated at no additional charge. You'll need to check on it for yourself.

IMO, your coin will never be completely fixed. I should sell it or trade out of it and keep looking for another one - that's the fun of it! Redbook value is under $25 so IMO, not worth the postage.

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this Wide-AM #3 for you?

Collector, occasional seller

@Insider2 said:

@Dagingerbeasttt said:

@Insider2 said:

First, I appreciate your respectful question but I'm not a "sir." Just a member. Coin Care is a chemical that is sold on line and in coin shops. There are many chemicals used to conserve coins, this is one of them that will not ruin your coin. DO NOT RUB the surface of your coin with anything. If it is valuable enough, send it to a TPGS and ask for professional conservation. AFAIK, one of them conserves coins sent in to be graded/authenticated at no additional charge. You'll need to check on it for yourself.

IMO, your coin will never be completely fixed. I should sell it or trade out of it and keep looking for another one - that's the fun of it! Redbook value is under $25 so IMO, not worth the postage.

Thanks for the info helps me out

@ChrisH821 said:

Mhm , it's fun finding them

@ChrisH821 said:

Technically four If I didn't lose the ninety nine wide am

• dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1998 and the 1999 are VERY hard to find in high grade in the wild any more. That coin has a lot of detail left, and is worth trying to improve, IMO. Getting our host to conserve it is worth the effort, but I'd sure try a coin care soak, before giving up on it.

@dpoole said:
    The 1998 and the 1999 are VERY hard to find in high grade in the wild any more. That coin has a lot of detail left, and is worth trying to improve, IMO. Getting our host to conserve it is worth the effort, but I'd sure try a coin care soak, before giving up on it.

Who would be the host

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

PCGS

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dagingerbeasttt ... Another nice find..... You are doing well on these.... Cheers, RickO

• BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finding gems like these in the wild is the payback you get for the effort you put in. It is very unfortunate that "Zincolns" don't hold up well in circulation, and tarnish very easily.

This indeed makes collecting fun.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon

@JBK said:
    PCGS

You really think it's worth getting it cleaned

@ricko said:
    @Dagingerbeasttt ... Another nice find..... You are doing well on these.... Cheers, RickO

Thanks Ricko

@BuffaloIronTail said:
    Finding gems like these in the wild is the payback you get for the effort you put in. It is very unfortunate that "Zincolns" don't hold up well in circulation, and tarnish very easily.

This indeed makes collecting fun.

Pete

Ikr but yes still fun to find

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dagingerbeasttt said:

@JBK said:
    PCGS

You really think it's worth getting it cleaned

I'll leave that to the experts....

But, if authenticity is not an issue, and grade is not remarkable, and it is not super rare, I'd leave it raw if it were me, unless you need it stabalized and want to spend the money.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file