Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

1936 Washington Quarter PCGS MS64/CAC Old Green Holder (OGH) Delightful Crescent-Toned

I've recently updated the inventory on my site and this delightful, crescent-toned Washington quarter has been included. If anyone would like to be added to my advance notice email, which is sent out to clients a day or so prior to listing coins on my site and is sent perhaps once per month, then please send me a PM with your name and email address or send me an email with the same information to the email address listed below-

tbush@tbnumismatics.com

Many folks realize that high grade Washington quarters were my first love in coinage. In the 1990s it was possible to find coins that had different toning than what one finds today. This coin reminds me of the 1990s and it was, indeed, certified in the 1990s. In some ways I believe that artificially toned (AT) coins have made it into TPG holders in significant numbers, but in other ways I believe that the best and purest toned coins were squirreled away and they rarely see the light of day. While virtually no one would call this coin a monster, it is still a very attractive example of a date that is not typically found with any real color. The obverse rim has two sections of vivid, thin rainbow color while the reverse has a similar toning pattern. It also appears undergraded by today's standards, but I believe preserving the OGH is more important than chasing a single point on this coin. $89.00

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

Comments