Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

Wanted: Slabbed Thai coins

Any members on here have slabbed thai coins? If so , please message me, I'm interested in going this route in my collecting avenue.....older or modern is fine!

Thank you!

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.

Comments

• Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are some out there... on eBay, you can do a search for "(Thailand,Siam) (PCGS,NGC)" in the world coins category. I have two in my collection, the satangs of 1918-1919 (BE 2461-2462), which are part of my World Coins Manufactured at US Mints set. Both of mine were found raw and submitted to PCGS, which is another option if you can't find what you like already slabbed.

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

@mvs7 Thanks for the tip and info!

Anyone have any leads or dealers I can go to ? I already know the usual like ebay.

Already bought something from a member here (currency), looking to get more stuff!

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

You may already be utilizing this resource, but if not it might help. If you go to the PCGS homepage and click on the "Set Registry" header at the top you will be brought to the Set Registry homepage and this contains a dropdown menu under "My Set Registry" and one of the options is "Shop". Click that option and it opens up Collectors.com where you can browse coins listed from an enormous array of dealers (as well as ebay and auction houses) and you can customize it to look for issues from Thailand. I just did this and got 4,870 listings. Obviously, an enormous number of these are ebay, but you can fine tune the search and there are 32-PCGS pieces, 88-NGC pieces and 5-ANACS pieces that you can call up. There are also a list of dealers (ebay and non-ebay) on the left side of the page that you might use to bookmark their sites in the future.

Good luck and I apologize if the above is not written clearly or was already something you were utilizing.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options

Thanks @TomB will check out what you mentioned!

• Options

BUMP! Any help would be appreciated!

• Options

Bumpity bump, found a few, looking for more! If anyone knows someone that collects thai coins, please put me in touch with that person, would love to learn more!

• Options

still looking, pm me if you know of anyone who is selling! Thank you!

• Options

Ttt! Help me acquire thai coins! If you know someone pls refer them to me!!

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

JKcoins (airplanenut here) has some on eBay.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

@ajaan thanks for the heads up!!! Appreciate all leads! If any of you knows of someone who collects thai coins, please put me in touch with them!

• Options

BUMPITY BUMP! One of you members must know someone who has slabbed NGC or PCGS thai coins...if so, please put me in touch with them!

thank you!

• Options

Bumpity Bump! Have found some but want morrrreeee! I'm hooked on thai coins, if you know of a store/person who has thai coins and they might want to sell, give me a heads up! Appreciate it!

• Options

heading to Chiang Mai on Saturday, bumperoo in case anyone has thai coins for sale or can put me in touch with someone who collects them!

• Options

Have been able to improve my thai coin collection with many coins since the initial post......giving it a bump as I'm always looking for more thai coins!

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TomB I love the feature in the PCGS app. It will also notify you of coins you need in your sets

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member