Options

Another dirty 2000 wide A.M

Comments

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your on a roll.

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wide AMs are one of the few cool varieties one can still find in circulation. I still search my change for these.

Nice find!

• Options
    dagingerbeastttdagingerbeasttt Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Nice find.... you must be doing a lot of searching.....and not much of anything else.... :D Cheers, RickO

Lol I spend my night roll searching haha

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dagingerbeasttt .... You better get some sleep or you will start to see DDO & DDR's on all your coins... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    @Dagingerbeasttt .... You better get some sleep or you will start to see DDO & DDR's on all your coins... :D Cheers, RickO

Between work and coins I get about five hours lol

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2017 11:25AM

I search nickels but I think I will have to do a box of cents once in a while. You are pulling some good stuff out of these rolls - the kinds of things I have been casually searching for in pocket change. Your example shows that volume does pay off.

I did find a 1972 DD cent in the wild back in the year when they were discovered. Mine was not the best type but one of the lesser varieties, but it was still fun to find, and it stood out pretty clearly to my younger eyes (today I'd be lucky to be able to read the date).

I'd like to see you scrutinize 1983 cents and find one struck on a copper planchet. There must be some out there, and it will take someone like you to find one.

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's better than the other one you found.
    Persistence does pay off.
    Let's hope you find another "big one." :)

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jimnight said:
    Your on a roll.

Pun intended? :)

• Options

@JBK said:
    I search nickels but I think I will have to do a box of cents once in a while. You are pulling some good stuff out of these rolls - the kinds of things I have been casually searching for in pocket change. Your example shows that volume does pay off.

I did find a 1972 DD cent in the wild back in the year when they were discovered. Mine was not the best type but one of the lesser varieties, but it was still fun to find, and it stood out pretty clearly to my younger eyes (today I'd be lucky to be able to read the date).

I'd like to see you scrutinize 1983 cents and find one struck on a copper planchet. There must be some out there, and it will take someone like you to find one.

Man I would like to find a 72 DDO! And yes I have been Getting lucky lately out of my boxes ,and believe me I check every 1983 and look for the ddr. I check some of the 82 small date, 89 and 1990 . I look for the transverse 88, and the one I've really been hunting for is a 1982 DDR because there's only been three examples found that are graded.

• Options

@mannie gray said:
    That's better than the other one you found.
    Persistence does pay off.
    Let's hope you find another "big one." :)

This is true haha and I hope I do too!:)

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mannie gray said:

@Jimnight said:
    Your on a roll.

Pun intended? :)

No Witticism, just a successful period ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file