Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Help in seeking a quality image of Dice & Hicks Half Cent Token from their 2008 sale

Does anyone have a quality image of the 1837 HT-73 (Low-49) Half Cent Token which was sold in the Dice & Hicks Sale in July 2008 by Stack's? The auction was held at the ANA in Baltimore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

Comments

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2017 7:07AM

The old Stacks Bowers archives are gone again, however the catalog is available online.

Your should be able to zoom in to see it as it's plated.

It's on page 33.

https://archive.org/stream/2008_07DiceHicks_LR#page/n33/mode/2up

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the link to the catalog..... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    halfcentmanhalfcentman Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Thanks. That was our second-best ANA Convention only superseded by the 2000 ANA in Philly when it came to spending a ton of money on some really nice stuff.

My wife was NOT HAPPY when we didn't go after this piece more aggressively. The late Don Valenziano, Jr. told me to "find the money" for it and make my wife happy, and if you don't get it make the winning bidder pay for it dearly. In retrospect, they were both correct. It's my biggest regret in the 43 years I've been in the hobby.

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2017 6:33AM

Well if it makes you feel a bit better I own close to 15% of the prior Dice Hicks collection and this 1/2c was never on my radar screen. Although it was described as sharply struck along with the Missouri cabinet example at Goldberg both are just average mid to late die stage strikes. When you see a early die stage in hand all others are quickly forgotten.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the best detail I can get from the catalog. Not very good.
    Lance.

• Options
    halfcentmanhalfcentman Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Thanks for that. I just showed it to my wife before she went to work. The board will not let me repeat what the said! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file