Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the first I've seen with a CAC, or, first time I noticed...beautiful Morgie's!

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Frosty for sure

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

I seriously doubt PCGS is adding that to the TrueView photo... easy to do on your own with most image editing programs.

• Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2017 5:55PM

@robec said:
    You can add those to the TrueView in photoshop.

Those CAC stickers are "post-PCGS damage" to the TrueView. :D

• Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone photo-shopped the CAC sticker on to the TV pic.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2017 6:04PM

Yes, they can be added with Photoshop, but this is the first I've seen them. I wonder if others will start doing the same.

I also doubt PCGS would do it but I wonder if CAC would.

• Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2017 6:05PM

@Zoins said:
    Yes, they can be added with Photoshop, but this is the first I've seen them. I wonder if others will start doing the same.

I also doubt PCGS would do it but I wonder if CAC would.

I take TrueViews, crop the coins, and put them on my own template, as depicted below. I do the same if I take the pictures. If CACed, I put a little bean on there, too. PCGS definitely wouldn't do that on their own, and collectors shouldn't just assume that a coin with a TrueView that says CAC is actually CACed. I'd be headed off to caccoin.com to check for myself.

• Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2017 6:10PM

@illini420 said:
    I seriously doubt PCGS is adding that to the TrueView photo... easy to do on your own with most image editing programs.

How would they? The sticker comes after a TV is shot unless it's a reslabbing of a stickered slab but in that case they have no way of knowing if the slab will be sent back to get re-stickered. I guess they could start a service doing it after the fact for a fee by checking cert numbers you request on CAC but that's getting a little too.cozy and I doubt PC would do it anyway.

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2017 8:21PM

@CascadeChris said:

@illini420 said:

How would they? The sticker comes after a TV is shot unless it's a reslabbing of a stickered slab but in that case they have no way of knowing if the slab will be sent back to get re-stickered. I guess they could start a service doing it after the fact for a fee by checking cert numbers you request on CAC but that's getting a little too.cozy and I doubt PC would do it anyway.

Technically, it would be easy to both retrieve the data from CAC and also add the logo to the image. PCGS already loads per-cert data from HA and they dynamically add the background image with drop shadow.

However, I don't think they would do this with CAC beans from a business perspective. Of course, PCGS doesn't even put their own grades on the image, which makes the TrueViews more classy to me.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think if PCGS started doing that it would be widely seen as a conflict.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭

Here is the orinigal.

https://pcgs.com/cert/34074527

Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll say it again, maybe they will eventually hear me. I wish PCGS would include the grade in their trueviews.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2017 9:32AM

Agreed on the photo enhancing with addition of the
    sticker. Always check the database.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously a post TruView addition..... as a sales 'enhancer', a good idea... also a possible con angle.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s a terrific 85-S that I pondered for a while; better date, big jump in price at 65 and this one is awfully close to gem if not already there, plus the PL obverse. :star:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file