Home Sports Talk
Options

OK, so who is a lock to make the HOF?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Skin2Skin2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

Pedro had historic years in 1999 and 2000, can't argue that. Don't feel like posting all the stuff, but he saved more runs above average than the best hitters produced above average, so in that sense, I think he has a great case for MVP. Many people don't like pitchers getting an mvp since they have their own award, but since they are eligible for the MVP, I don't see the big deal.....except in cases where Rollie Fingers and Willie Hernandez won the MVP because of pure ignorance of the writers.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2017 7:09PM

I would have given Willie Hernandez the MVP just based on his mustache

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems to me that Jeter is hurting his HOF vote total by being an owner. He was never getting 100%, but I bet he's lost a few percent based on his ownership, um, acumen. Some sport writers will hold this against him.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

@3stars said:
    It seems to me that Jeter is hurting his HOF vote total by being an owner. He was never getting 100%, but I bet he's lost a few percent based on his ownership, um, acumen. Some sport writers will hold this against him.

Until the dopes realize that he is dumping bad contracts to build from scratch. He has already sat and taken more questions than Loria. But hey, let's bury him before they've played a game...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    bens4778bens4778 Posts: 112 ✭✭✭

Re: Ichiro.

His career best OPS+ Year was 130.

Jim Wynn had eight seasons with a better OPS plus than that.

Frankly, Jim Wynn was probably the better hitter.