Home Precious Metals
Options

They really don't want you owning Swiss Francs

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got notice from my bank that they are going to start charging me 2% a month in maintainance fees. This is going to force me back into Forever Stamps. Bronco and I can be like the Hunt Brothers cornering this market

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

:D

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

consider it a negative interest rate that your money is earning.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

@derryb said:
    consider it a negative interest rate that your money is earning.

I sold it this morning. They do charge you a negative rate in Switzerland. I might buy the ETF if the expenses aren't too high

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 875 ✭✭✭✭

Just open a Forex account and buy the swiss franc in that manner... If you are just hedging than it will provide the "safety" you are looking for and carry trade is not that bad...

• Options

I do have a forex account. Not looking to hedge. I own half of my cash in foreign currencies and or foreign currency cd's. Tied to a checking account. Will just have to find a different proxy combo.

mark

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are buying forever postage stamps and live near a BJ's Wholsale Club, they sell them at a lower price than the USPS, below face value, not much less but less . :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    edited November 17, 2017 1:43PM

@1630Boston said:
    If you are buying forever postage stamps and live near a BJ's Wholsale Club, they sell them at a lower price than the USPS, below face value, not much less but less . :smile:

Ah, an arbitrage opportunity . Bronco gas up the truck. Road trip!!!

mark

• Options

Bj's gas is at a discount as well.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

"They don't want you owning them",
    Or
    "They want a share of your profits in exchange for the service they provide to you "
    ?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    edited November 17, 2017 4:51PM

@Justacommeman said:
    Just got notice from my bank that they are going to start charging me 2% a month in maintainance fees.
    mark

US bank?

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@1630Boston said:

mark

We will have to wait till the 1st of the year I don't put the roof on the bronco until after Christmas . Half the stamps would blow out all over the highway on the way back :s .

• Options

@derryb said:

@Justacommeman said:
    Just got notice from my bank that they are going to start charging me 2% a month in maintainance fees.
    mark

US bank?

Si senor

mark

• Options
    edited November 18, 2017 11:59PM

@bronco2078 said:

@Justacommeman said:

@1630Boston said:

mark

We will have to wait till the 1st of the year I don't put the roof on the bronco until after Christmas . Half the stamps would blow out all over the highway on the way back :s .

When I got married the second thing my wife made me do was put the doors, roof and wind shield back on my Jeep. Sad day in Cali. Another bachelor rig bit the dust

mark

• Options

@Baley said:
    "They don't want you owning them",
    Or
    "They want a share of your profits in exchange for the service they provide to you "
    ?

I gotta get you out of Baleyville for a weekend

mark

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@derryb said:

@Justacommeman said:
    mark

US bank?

Si senor

mark

dollar defense

• Options

@derryb said:

@Justacommeman said:

@derryb said:

@Justacommeman said:
    mark

US bank?

Si senor

mark

dollar defense

Yes.

I use Everbank. They have every product imaginable. I have also used RF Lafferty. Very crusty

mark