Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

World coin grading turnaround time

I'm wondering what others are experiencing with turnaround time for PCGS World Coin grading. I sent in a few fairly high value world coins for grading in mid-September and they have been in "processing" status for over a month. The PCGS estimated turnaround time posted on their website is estimated to be 20 business days, but these are at 40 business days and counting. Interestingly, I sent in a few dozen world coins on the economy plan at the same time and already have them back. Are others seeing turnaround times much longer than what is posted ?

Comments

• Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2017 1:24PM

I've found that, in the past year or so, the "published" estimated turn times (for world regular, world economy and world modern) are wildly optimistic. I had a few submissions at those different tiers in on May 1 that I didn't get back until mid-August this year. On a happier note, I like that I get the "Secure" and True View covered by the quarterly grading special this and last quarter. First one of those I've been able to use in quite some time.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good to know, thanks !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hit or miss as always.

• Options

Thanks for the comments ! I'll lower my expectations the next time I send in world coins :(

• Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

About a month (calendar day)for me for economics. Regular is little fast and express also little fast. Pretty much as what they said on the site.