Home U.S. Coin Forum

Just replace the 1949-D in my Roosie sets.....

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

With this beautiful toned Roosie from James Sego. Old coin was a white PCGS66. Thanks for looking...comments welcome.

Comments

• tennbjjtennbjj Posts: 94 ✭✭✭

I like it. I bought an old Whitman album full of dimes last year, and every single one of them had similar toning/spotting to this one. Is the bottom band keeping it from grading FB? Hard to tell from the pic

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tennbjj said:
    I like it. I bought an old Whitman album full of dimes last year, and every single one of them had similar toning/spotting to this one. Is the bottom band keeping it from grading FB? Hard to tell from the pic

Yes, it is close to FB.

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

very nice!

Frank

BHNC #203

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice dime :)

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

Purdy, and it sure beats 'white'. I like it!

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • BigDowgieBigDowgie Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭✭

Rock on!

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

Natural skin, and aged to where it's eye appeal adds the most value. Ricko is free to disagree. :)

• erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

I bought this one recently....

• StoogeStooge Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking dime! It has Full Bands Jon, send it in for a reconsideration...

Later, Paul.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stooge said:

I will have to look at the bands. You know me....about bands. I don't really play that game. The spread on this coin for bands is only 50 bucks.

• StoogeStooge Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@Stooge said:

I will have to look at the bands. You know me....about bands. I don't really play that game. The spread on this coin for bands is only 50 bucks.

Understood, but don't you want the correct label for the right coin? If it has FB's and the label doesn't reflect that, you cheat yourself and your sets.

Later, Paul.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice addition Jon... and it does look like FB to me... as 2StaC said... not fond of the tarnish... :D However, not my dime... ;) Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file