Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Lucky Cent holder ideas - Bezels, Encasements, etc...

oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,899 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 7, 2017 10:11AM in U.S. Coin Forum

My wife was running a 5KM this past weekend and she stopped to pick up a Lincoln Cent (2017-D) and carried it with her through her 5KM and she posted her personal best time and won a Fit-Bit in the after race drawing. She asked me to preserve her "lucky cent" in a way that she can carry it with her in her future events. Does anyone know if the empty encased coin holders are still being made so she can keep it on her while she is on her next run? I could always use a coin bezel and pin it to her shirt.

https://www.avidvintage.com/products/lucky-penny-vintage-1983-fairbury-nebraska-encased-cent-souvenir-coin

(I can not view the link above from work)

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2017 10:49AM

I might be wrong but I think there might be only one company left that does encased coins. Also, you can't just buy an empty encasement and pop your coin into it - it needs to be in the hole of the blank when the blank is struck so that the black will expand around the edge of the cent to hold it in.

Also, too bad that a zincoln was her lucky coin - it wont last long as a keepsake on hot sweaty marathons. Maybe gold plate it and do something with it?

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,899 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good point on the encased coin setup. I thought about corrosion, and was considering applying a coat of lacquer or having the thin plastic windows for the coin bezel.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably be easier to make one yourself.... that way, she carries her 'lucky' cent and your loving handiwork at the same time. :);) Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file