Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1893 Columbian Exhibition Judge Pin

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 5, 2017 9:08PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Thought this was a very interesting item. It's made of sterling silver. Can anyone make out the silversmith?

It sold for $535.95 on the bay recently:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1893-WORLD-S-COLUMBIAN-EXPOSITION-Sterling-Judge-Badge-Juror-Pinback-/372116073453

Comments

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love all things about the Columbian Exhibition. And reading historical books.

One of my favorites this year was The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson. I don't know why it took 13 years to get around to it. Astounding. Read it...you won't be disappointed.
    Lance.

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

neat, unusual item from the Expo

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting.. the initials 'appear' to be O R... with a design in between... Purely a guess.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lkeigwin said:
    I love all things about the Columbian Exhibition. And reading historical books.

One of my favorites this year was The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson. I don't know why it took 13 years to get around to it. Astounding. Read it...you won't be disappointed.
    Lance.

Interestingly, someone just gave me that book. I've been buying hundreds of expo items from an estate and the executrix gave me the book and told me I should read it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file