Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Help grading a pair of buffs.

jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,318 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would appreciate your opinions as to the grades for these buffs. Please forgive the poor photography as it is
mine. No one else to blame. If you do not feel they would grade, I would appreciate your reasoning.
Thanks,
jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,127 ✭✭✭✭✭

MS60 on the first, MS65 on the second.

peacockcoins

• Options
    BobSavBobSav Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

The 1931 seems to show wear on the 19 of the date so no MS grade for that one.. AU-58
    The other one looks strange, I'm sure it's the photo but would need to have it in hand.
    JMHO
    Bob

Past transactions with:
    Lordmarcovan, WTCG, YogiBerraFan, Phoenin21, LindeDad, Coll3ctor, blue594, robkoll, Mike Dixon, BloodMan, Flakthat and others.
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

58 and 63 are my WAGs....

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

AU 58 and MS 64.

• Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭✭✭

AU53 and MS62

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

31-S has some scuffing. MS-62. Decent strike.

30-S is nice and clean markwise, but shallow in the central obverse. MS-63.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

58 and 61........ Cheers, RickO

• Options
    LRCTomLRCTom Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

53 and 63. The 31-S could be higher if it has luster, but the picture makes that tough to know.

LRC Numismatics eBay listings:
    http://stores.ebay.com/lrcnumismatics

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,318 ✭✭✭✭✭

I should know in a week or so, when I get my results for my 1st ever buff submission. My second has already been sent but not arrived as of yet. Thanks for the opinions.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file