Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

OT...Did you reset your clocks!

CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't forget we went off Daylight Savings Time last night, in case you have any eBay sales or buys pending.

I accidentally set my cell phone to "Airplane Mode," and now it won't stop calling me "Shirley!!!"

:)

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

I inherited a bunch of clocks from my Father and my Mother in law. Couldn't let them go. I put them around the garage and outside the house under cover. I just reset 7 of them 2 did it automatically. Cheers.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

WHAT? NOW you tell me.

I just went out and bought seven new clocks!

Who would have thought? :p

• Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, actually, no. Arizona stays on one time all year long. Unfortunately since almost everyone else changes, I'll get calls at 6:00 asking why I'm not still open. We were on California time, now its New Mexico time.

Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every time I try to set back my quarter coin clock, it changes to dimes..... ;)

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really wish they'd just keep us on daylight saving time all year here in Ohio.

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EagleEye said:
    So, actually, no. Arizona stays on one time all year long. Unfortunately since almost everyone else changes, I'll get calls at 6:00 asking why I'm not still open. We were on California time, now its New Mexico time.

Hey Rick, will be open at 2am tonight?

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

Nope, they'll self reset in the Spring.
    Kidding, I did right before retiring for the night.

• Options

Same as @EagleEye , AZ timezone here, but I work through a VPN in Seattle Time.

Eccentrically dedicated

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2017 8:43PM

My favorite time of the year. Gets dark early. Cools down. Last week it was 107° in the shade. Today, perfect. Right now it is 58°. PERFECTO! Life's good on the ranch. Southern California is God's gift to humanity. Thank you God.

• Options

By the way. If you haven't noticed, the Rams are the best team in the NFL. And the L.A. COLISEUM is the most awesome football stadium in the country. Nothing comes close. NOTHING!!!!!! SOCAL ROCKS!!!!!

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish they would do away with that STUPID time change thing!!!!

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭

Hydrant: Can you spell "E-A-G-L-E-S"!! ? 8-1, and the Linc beats the Coliseum...............

Forum members......... by a show of coins, post a coin with a Ram on it if you think L.A. has the league's best team. Post a coin with an Eagle on it if you agree with me that Philly is the best!!

• Options

Hey, DBST, those E-A-G-L-E-S are Good no doubt about it. But it's really fun to be a Rams fan right now. They have gone from worst to unstoppable. And remember, the only time that the E-A-G-L-E-S went all the way the quarterback, Ron Jaworski?, whatever his name was, was a Ram throw-away. We'll know whose best on December 10. The E-A-G-L-E-S are coming to town. Wanna go to the game? I have two tickets waiting for you with your name on ''em. Let me know. It will be a blast. And I don't even know what the "Linc" is. And I don't care. Let's do it!!

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭

Hydrant: I agree that will be a marquee match-up, and I'd LOVE to come to LA for that game, but don't travel well......... But I'm sure my Bro-in-Law would take those 2 tix! :) "Jaws" was a good QB for the Eagles, but the minute he threw that early pic against the Raiders in the Super Bowl, I knew our goose was cooked. So disappointing...... And he stinks as a local announcer/analyst. Not to mention he owns a piece of the Philly Arena Football team (the Soul). No real football fan can watch that league! :s The Linc, by the way, is Lincoln Financial Field, where the birds play. In the meantime, I'm disappointed that it's a 0-0 tie right now between Eagles coin posters & Rams coin posters..... :/

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I lived in Arizona for 8 years... thoroughly enjoyed the absence of the nonsensical time change exercise. I would love to see them do away with it.... they talk about it twice a year, then quickly forget it. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

No. I just stopped the pendulum from swinging for an hour. All the other pieces set automatically.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file