Home U.S. Coin Forum

ANNIVERSARY GIVEAWAY! WINNER ANNOUNCED IN FIRST POST!

OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 5, 2017 7:26PM in U.S. Coin Forum

The winner is johnny9434

If you did a search of the forums, you would have come across the following thread:

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/11607246#Comment_11607246)

"For me, it was 1965. I had always traded small change from my paper route with with an old guy named Henry Erickson who owned a general store in Chelmsford Center where I grew up. One day he showed me a 1955/55 he had. Every kid I knew wanted one of those. It took almost a year of saving every penny I could, but eventually, I bought it for $50. By today's standards it was AU/Unc. When my father found out, he nearly killed me. That was a lot of money back then.

That was the turning point for me. I suddenly found myself visiting Henry and buying fewer, but better coins. And here I am today; lots of coins, but flat as a floogie."

Coingratulations Johnny9434!

And a big thanks to everyone who played.

Cheers

Bob

I am coming up on my 16th anniversary of joining the PCGS forum. Coincidentally, it's also the 52nd anniversary that I purchased my first SERIOUS coin.

I have learned so much more than I knew coming in, and certainly more than I knew when I began collecting when I was eight years old.

Now the rules:

From eight to ten years old, I collected like any other kid by filling Whitman holes. The turning point was when an adult coin collecting mentor showed me a coin that I felt I just had to have.

All you have to do to win is take a guess as to what this coin was (you don't have to guess the year or MM).

All the correct guesses will be assigned a number and the winner will be chosen by a random number generator.

Winner will be drawn this Sunday, 5 November, at 2100 Eastern.

ONLY ONE GUESS PER MEMBER!

Good luck to all!

Cheers

Bob

Here is the prize:

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file