Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

I knew it was worth something but I did not think that much.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Geez, that's a lot of money !!! :#

Timbuk3
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

Description reads, in part.... "......The third Buffalo nickel was also a Type Two piece, described as "in copper, Unc., probably unique."

Anyone know what MAY have happened to this piece? Not a Buff guy, but that really intrigues me.

I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    1st_Place1st_Place Posts: 23 ✭✭✭

It might be worth that much, to whoever owns a genuine 1913 Liberty V-nickel.

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow - fun for $1-2K but that........?

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NotSure said:
    Description reads, in part.... "......The third Buffalo nickel was also a Type Two piece, described as "in copper, Unc., probably unique."

Anyone know what MAY have happened to this piece? Not a Buff guy, but that really intrigues me.

Probably just struck on a Cent planchet and in a Error collectors collection.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

No way would I pay such a price for exonumia....I hope the buyer is happy with it, at that price, buyers remorse would be painful.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 3, 2017 6:03AM

@1st_Place said:
    It might be worth that much, to whoever owns a genuine 1913 Liberty V-nickel.

I bet marketing wise when sold with a original 1913 the owner would do well having bought this case.

Collectors tend to like all extra bells and whistles.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file