Home U.S. Coin Forum

1892 Indian head. Could you look at the date and give me some feedback



So I'm trying to take better pictures this time. Someone on my FB group said they though it might be a repunched date. I will wait to post anything more so I don't flood the page.

Comments

  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,898 ✭✭✭✭

    Can't really see much but reflection of light off the digits. If it is a RPD it is not one of the three in the Cherrypickers guide. I do not have Rick Snow's book of IHC varieties but that is the Bible of the IHC series!

  • dagingerbeastttdagingerbeasttt Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭

    @Manorcourtman said:
    Can't really see much but reflection of light off the digits. If it is a RPD it is not one of the three in the Cherrypickers guide. I do not have Rick Snow's book of IHC varieties but that is the Bible of the IHC series!

    Well then I shall get that book and I don't know what's going on with it because I couldn't find any rpd's for that date and there's something funky going on with the third digit in the date the 9

  • david3142david3142 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I think the fourth digit is pretty funky too. It looks an awful lot like a 5 from here. :)
    (joke that will make absolutely no sense after the title is changed)

  • mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I think I see repunching on the top of 1 and upper left side of 8.
    I don't see anything on the 5.

  • dagingerbeastttdagingerbeasttt Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭

    @mannie gray said:
    I think I see repunching on the top of 1 and upper left side of 8.
    I don't see anything on the 5.

    Do nines normally look like that on Indian heads

  • dagingerbeastttdagingerbeasttt Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭

    @david3142 said:
    I think the fourth digit is pretty funky too. It looks an awful lot like a 5 from here. :)
    (joke that will make absolutely no sense after the title is changed)

    Omg lol

  • TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

    PMD

    Frank

    BHNC #203

  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    There is a die chip closing the loop of the 9..... Cheers, RickO

  • dagingerbeastttdagingerbeasttt Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭

    @ricko said:
    There is a die chip closing the loop of the 9..... Cheers, RickO

    Thanks Ricko

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file