Home U.S. Coin Forum

Old, Dead or Forgotten excellent discussions from the past.

Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2, 2017 2:42PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Many of us are new here or have only been around for a year or two. I'll bet some of the new members have some great things to add. Yesterday, one member resurrected one old discussion from seven years ago containing some great info about counterfeit dollars.

I should like to read more informative posts. If you have a favorite - or one containing great information - even one you posted, perhaps you could link it to this post. Thanks!

Comments

• StoogeStooge Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

What I would do also is a key word search. You could use any numismatic word(s) and see what pops up.
    Have you ever thought of looking over on the PCGS Set Registry Forum for threads? Someone just brought up about 10 threads from the archives. Good reading too.

Later, Paul.
  • Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2, 2017 3:15PM

Thanks! Where is that feature located? Probably right in front of me right? Another forum I post on has a search box.

• kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is actually how I post a lot. Instead of making a really specific new post about a topic like a 1998 proof platinum eagle I'll search for old related threads and comment on them.

Someone invariably complains about old threads when I do that.

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2, 2017 3:39PM

@kiyote said: "This is actually how I post a lot. Instead of making a really specific new post about a topic like a 1998 proof platinum eagle I'll search for old related threads and comment on them. Someone invariably complains about old threads when I do that."

:o Possibly a "know-it-all?"

• SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or someone who gets surprised by coins.

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,585 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kiyote said:
    This is actually how I post a lot. Instead of making a really specific new post about a topic like a 1998 proof platinum eagle I'll search for old related threads and comment on them.

Someone invariably complains about old threads when I do that.

I only complain when one doesn't note in their new post that they are resurrecting a thread. That helps the reader because they will not readily realize that the older posts are from another time versus new. Agree, there are some great old threads!

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like seeing old threads revisited..... often some good information. I do, however, sometimes read about half of it before I say 'hey... this looks familiar', and check the date... OH YEAH.... seven years ago... :D Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file