Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I Wonder How Long This Seller Lasts on eBay

giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2, 2017 1:33PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Maybe years and years ... I'm not going to singly identify him/her because I can somewhat understand ... After all, I can't deal with eBay's making all the rules either. Plus, I just bought a coin from this new seller (joined April of this year) and was quite happy with it. But they do sound a bit thin-skinned (if I had noticed the "no returns" bit, I would not have bought ...)

Anyway. Here's their selling policy:

"No questions. No more pictures. No returns. No combined shipping. Thank you."

:):):)

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.

Comments

• Options
    COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very interesting.... :o:o

New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
    HAPPY COLLECTING

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Straight and to the point :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

In other words "If you don't like what you see........HIT THE ROAD".

I guess I could accept that. Most of the things he covered are what people end up asking about.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

sounds like he answered all the questions at one time.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kinda sounds like a pain in the butt to deal with

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not the only seller on the Bay, and most offer returns, and welcome offers just made one this morning.

• Options

They have a feedback in the low double digits and all positive so I don't want to call them out any further. I just thought it was pretty terse. And until pictures all exactly look like the coins they represent, I won't buy expensive coins without a return policy. This was a cheapie.

Kind regards,

George

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

He forgot:
    "We ship when we want to; if it doesn't arrive at your house- tough;
    leave me a positive just for my attitude, or I'll ban you;
    If you think of a question, keep it to yourself;
    yes we ship it, no, no guarantees of authenticity;
    if you are dumb enough to bid on this- it is your fault."

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

He seems thinned skinned. Free shipping can avoid a lot of that. When they try make some offer I just tell them “unless the item BIN / MO it’s already at our best price.” On make offer I set the comp on auto reject say at the 80 pct mv kevel. Sometimes I will c their low ball offers which were rejected and wonder why they waste their time. This can eliminate a lot of the irritating questions.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

But the seller does have 32 positives and no negatives over the past year. :smile:

Now ... if you don't want to "identify" a seller, you really shouldn't provide a direct quote from the item's description. :wink:

His/her coins look decent, nonetheless.

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LindeDad said:
    Not the only seller on the Bay, and most offer returns, and welcome offers just made one this morning.

I HATE unsolicited offers - especially the low ball ones. If I want offers, I'll have it set up to accept offers. If there is no "Best Offer" option leave me alone. It forces me to respond to more email or appear rude.

I also automatically block anyone who makes a "bullion offer" on silver dollars or the like. There are dozens of self-proclaimed geniuses out there who run around offering sub wholesale numbers on coins hoping that someone with less information will accept them. I REALLY don't have time to explain to them that I know how to scrap silver myself if I wanted to and I don't need them paying 10x face (shipping included, of course) when the market is 11x face. Or, $15 for Morgans when bag rate is $20.

• Options

I recently had the opposite situation occur. A pretty nice coin, somewhat overpriced (like eBay forces one to do on a lot of coins to make any profit), with a Make Offer button. I made a reasonable low offer which was politely declined. I made a second higher offer and the guy responded with the full price! I responded "why do you have Make Offer at all?"

Someone I will never buy from.

Kind regards,

George

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

@giorgio11 said:
    I recently had the opposite situation occur. A pretty nice coin, somewhat overpriced (like eBay forces one to do on a lot of coins to make any profit), with a Make Offer button. I made a reasonable low offer which was politely declined. I made a second higher offer and the guy responded with the full price! I responded "why do you have Make Offer at all?"

Someone I will never buy from.

Kind regards,

George

Actually, I sometimes do something similar. If I counter your original number with an offer, that IS my best offer. If you counter my counter, I revert to the full price. I don't mind reasonable offers, but I'm not getting into long negotiations to try and make $2.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well... His comment is direct, if somewhat irritating... However, I like his blunt statement and understand he does not want a lot of frustration....'Either buy or walk'... Somewhat limits the market, but keeps his transactions simple. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

No viable business could operate like that, and it is normal to have uninformed or irritating customers from time to time. I had a guy wanting additional images on a relatively common MS62 Morgan priced around wholesale. I did what I could, shipped it to the guy, he said it was a gift and the friend did not like the "rust" (ie toning) which was minimal; he sent it back, I refunded he is still pestering me to contact paypal so he gets his money right away, which is not my problem. The world is full of uneducated people like this.

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

You want me on that eBay

You need me on that eBay....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file