Home Q & A Forum
Options

What does "Promote" on our personal page mean?

Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

In our personal page there is a list of "Agrees", "Likes", "LOL", etc. I'll leave out "disagrees."

What does "Promote" mean? Do you know a member how has one of these?

Comments

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great question :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

upon further thought, It is probably to be used when @ricko reaches 100,000 posts. :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

@MarkStephenson

Care to answer this?

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm curious too @MarkStephenson

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options

My guess it was initially put into the forum to give points to loyal PCGS customers who's posts reflected well on the company and its policies. Looks like it is no longer necessary as both good and not so good posts are allowed up to a point. I have learned that a former member was banned (his story) for constantly bashing PCGS in a snarky way.

• Options

It's a feature that came with the forum software... it is a special reaction that assigns 5 points to the discussion or comment. The user that made the comment also receives points.

Discussions or comments with five or more points assigned to it will be added to the Best Of page

https://forums.collectors.com/bestof/everything