Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1921 Peace Dollar (unadvertised as Vam-3 Ray Through "L") auction ending today - ICG MS63

Thought I'd share for anyone that's been looking for this variety since I stumbled across the listing?

Central details flatter than average with a couple hits to the cheekbone and jaw, but appears to have some luster with decent peripheral details and minimal field abrasions. Overall, could be a solid example of the variety?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1921-PEACE-SILVER-DOLLAR-ICG-MS63-RARE-THIS-NICE-KEY-DATE/311987501562?hash=item48a3e779fa:g:jlQAAOSwxixZ75Rj

Eccentrically dedicated

Comments

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cherried one in 62 around 15 years ago and still have it. I think it's a neat variety and, in my experience, rather tough to find.

• Options

I'm a fan of cherry picking :) My very first purchase I found in a tray sitting inside an antique shelving unit (that was also for sale), which was squeezed in between lots of other items for sale in an antique store. All I knew at the time was that really liked it. It was an 87/6 - O in MS condition :)

Eccentrically dedicated

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Darn... I have not been watching ebay for the past few weeks and missed this one.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

That would have been nice to get in on...was at work when this thread was created and...after it closed.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

What am I supposed to see in this variety?

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2017 8:48AM

@topstuf said:

Ray Through "L" of DOLLAR on the Reverse

http://www.pcgscoinfacts.com/Coin/Detail/133734

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully someone here got it :)

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:

@topstuf said:

Ray Through "L" of DOLLAR on the Reverse

http://www.pcgscoinfacts.com/Coin/Detail/133734

Ah....then that explains why MY 21 Peace has the ray through the L in LIBERTY.

It's a REVERSE thingy! :D

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭✭✭

$207 result. Coin doesn't have much eye appeal, not sure how PCGS would see it. Slider?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file