Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How about a Cert Verification hit counter?

ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be interesting to see how many times a coin I own or take a peek at gets looked up.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

Comments

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭✭

What about Likes or Upvotes for cert verification?

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

I Like this idea ;)

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about just a grading date on the cert.... :*

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

@Type2 said:
    How about just a grading date on the cert.... :*

That wouldn't indicate how often it gets looked at through the cert verification page.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure what we'd learn though cert verification other than the possibility that the coin's been counterfeited. The count should be zero until the coin is for sale. IF it's for sale from a major house, I NEVER verify the cert and I can't be the only one. If the coin is for sale on eBay or more directly person to person, then I would check the cert. But the cert count would be a reflection of how widely advertised the coin is not how good the coin is, wouldn't it?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not understand why anyone would care.... but then, I never understood collecting beanie babies or belly button lint..... :D;) To each one, their own obsession....Enjoy...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2017 8:53AM

@jmlanzaf said:
    the cert count would be a reflection of how widely advertised the coin is not how good the coin is, wouldn't it?

This is why a Like button could be useful. Using likes to influence grade as mentioned by ms70 could be interesting under market grading since likes can be an indication of market preferences.

• Options
    edited October 29, 2017 1:30PM

@ricko said:
    I do not understand why anyone would care.... but then, I never understood collecting beanie babies or belly button lint..... :D;) To each one, their own obsession....Enjoy...Cheers, RickO

No other reason than just for fun and curiosity.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file