Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Overton Numbers/small ANACS slab I believe I seen it called a 2X3

newcollectnewcollect Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
edited October 28, 2017 5:13PM in U.S. Coin Forum

going to send this off for crossover,will it cross with the O number without the variety fee. Just trying to figure out the best way to submit it. Does the overton # add value to the coin if its on the label even if the rarity is low as this one is? Any help would be welcomed,by the way this coin has full cartwheel effects most likely undergraded. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2017 5:08PM

At at least one major TPGS it will cross w/o paying for attribution. IMO, the more info on the label the better!

• Options
    lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭

I think you pay the PCGS attribution fee because ANACS may have gotten it wrong.

I brake for ear bars.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a very nice coin... and yes, get all the information it is due on the label... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,888 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Overton die marriage will not carry over. If you want it on the PCGS cert you will have to pay for attribution.

The O.110 is an R1. Which means it is not scarce. So having it on the cert won't make a difference to most collectors.

Personally, I like it but won't pay for it unless the die marriage is scarce (say R4 or higher).
    Lance.

• Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sure you will pay the attribution fee, because PCGS will have to do the research to attribute the coin.

While I like the Overton attribution on the label, I would not pay for it as it's not worth the additional fee to me. Based on the number of times the TPGs get the attribution wrong, the label's attribution should be verified.

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, as everyone here says....you will have to pay to have PCGS attribute this coin and put overton number on slab.

• Options
    newcollectnewcollect Posts: 205 ✭✭✭

do I have to be specific on the number or will they assign one

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file