Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My Pd. arrived today, steak n sizzle.

morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

1 of 500 Black label PCGS 70 arrived today. Yeah, it's an exciting coin and worth the wait, wish I had bought more at this price. Anyone think these will develop spots? 1/160, f6.3, iso 100, center weighted metering, if anyone is curious.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

Comments

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

I appreciate that the design is sharper than the 2016 Merc centennial coin.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

Is the eagle attempting to snip or tear a piece of the olive branch?

• Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

@morgansforever said:
    Is the eagle attempting to snip or tear a piece of the olive branch?

Even eagles have to make a nest.....right?

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Human head on one side,
    whole bird on the other.

Lemme ask ya, that hat.. is that wing from a real bird, like bones and meat and all? Or is it decoration made from feathers over some wood and wire frame or something?

Surely dose wings ain't growing out of dat chick's head bone are dey??

Anyway, nice coin great pics.
    Hope it doesn't spot on you.

Birds'll do that sometimes.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2017 9:27AM

I did go a bit crazy on this one I picked up 15 of them all raw at $100 to $200 over spot. I sent them all in for grading 5 to NGC and 10 to PCGS, Now just coming back so far 3-69 and 2-70's all PCGS are coming back now some more in two weeks or so. Love this coin very nice pic.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone think these will develop spots? I doubt it, just like platinum they dont seem to spot.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2017 5:44AM

That reverse is just fantastic.... quickly becoming my favorite....I am not interested in Palladium though. I do wish they would replace the Eagle reverse on the ASE with this one though.... that would be awesome... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great image.

Larry

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    That reverse is just fantastic.... quickly becoming my favorite....I am not interested in Palladium though. I do wish they would replace the Eagle reverse on the ASE with this one though.... that would be awesome... Cheers, RickO

To be fair, the palladium eagle does have to its advantage its hi-relief composition. I'll bet its a toss up if the ASE /WLH reverse eagle design was done in HR.

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

...right on with the reverse comment @ricko ...that reverse is Bad Azz and probably the coolest I have ever seen on a US coin...the Eagle just absolutely looks alive and real to me! Way Cool coin man and Congrats!

• Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing distracting about that- beautiful coin, nice images, and congrats!!!

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Morgansforever the picture your showing is that yours? And if so do you mind how you managed to take such a wonderful picture. Is this a special process or is this a dumb question? TYIA and Happy Halloween!!!!! Trick or Treat! >:)>:)>:)>:)>:)

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    edited November 1, 2017 2:25AM

@Gluggo said:
    Morgansforever the picture your showing is that yours? And if so do you mind how you managed to take such a wonderful picture. Is this a special process or is this a dumb question? TYIA and Happy Halloween!!!!! Trick or Treat! >:)>:)>:)>:)>:)

It most certainly is my image, learned how to shoot coins from these forums. Nothing special, a used D3100 from a pawn shop and a used 105mm Nikon Micro Nikkor lens from Ebay. Technically it could be better, a bit to bright around the edges.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 3, 2017 7:45PM

Thanks morgansforever very nice job this is my collection I think I am done for a while

Later I will work on the Pictures!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file