edited October 27, 2017 4:28AM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd go for the 62 - the braid & some of the higher details on Vick many times does not strike up , reverse about as expected as far as lions and crown details. Decent toning especially around legend on obverse (this may have been "thumbed" at center of obverse), a bit of bagging however this is not a scarcer date. Price dependent really as far as purchase.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2017 6:14AM

I like that 62. One of those times I wish it had a secure plus photo, since those show hairlines way better than the true view glamour shots.

• Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

Looks like there is wear on the braids to me.

http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    RMWRMW Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

Yeah, there may be ever so slight wear at the beads, but this type is also often not fully struck up there as 7 Jags says.
    That will pass as a 62 in Us grading .
    Looks pretty good.

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2017 2:07PM

The seller's name of the 62 rings a bell and he's probably a member here. I'm sure I've seen his name at the Currency forum. Taking into account a potential 15% discount that would have been wasted on eBay and pp fees, and the no-refund part being open to change between two members, the coin starts to sound much more attractive.

edited to add: confirmed, there's a thread by him on page one of the Currency forum.

Then again with your recent luck with purchases from members... B)

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭

62 looks about right for that to me.

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SYRACUSIAN said:
    The seller's name of the 62 rings a bell and he's probably a member here. I'm sure I've seen his name at the Currency forum. Taking into account a potential 15% discount that would have been wasted on eBay and pp fees, and the no-refund part being open to change between two members, the coin starts to sound much more attractive.

edited to add: confirmed, there's a thread by him on page one of the Currency forum.

Then again with your recent luck with purchases from members... B)

Unfortunately this member has been banned.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2017 12:35AM

Bummer. :/

I remember that there was a bunch of members a year ago using the "banned" red sign as their icon, protesting a decision to ban a member but I didn't know that it was about maxcrusha. Well I guess that you can always contact him and ask him to reconsider his no return policy towards a member if you decide in favor of that florin. You really can't catch a break with members, can you? :D

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent him a PM but he hasn't been active in over a year so I doubt I'll hear from him.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don