Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1823 Bust Half Dollar, Guess the Grade Also Overton #

Hi Guys,

Bought a hi risk, hi reward set of coins...they were raw, and not seen in public for 40 years....this was one of the coins...toning nicer in person, but overall the true view is well done...will post more if thread seems to find interest....

Grade and comments posted in a few days... regards, RJ

Comments

• Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Um ... if you want to play the 'guess the grade' game, you may wish to hide the PCGS certification number. ;)

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a nice coin.... However, it appears to have been cleaned.....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    LoveMyLibertyLoveMyLiberty Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

O-104

My Type Set

R.I.P. Bear image
  • Options
    VernoVerno Posts: 325 ✭✭✭

@astrorat said:
    Um ... if you want to play the 'guess the grade' game, you may wish to hide the PCGS certification number. ;)

To thine own self be true...without going to the site and checking...you can still guess the grade:)

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good date but not the super popular or tough ones.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

beautiful coin, cleaned or not. Congrats.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really like it.

I'll guess MS-58

:)

Or AU-63

[what a call a coin that looks like a 63, but with a tiny rub]

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Verno said:

@astrorat said:

To thine own self be true...without going to the site and checking...you can still guess the grade:)

LOL ... very true!

My guess would have been AU-58 (cleaned) before I checked to see if the number was in the PCGS database.

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cleaning lines are apparent in front of the chin and neck and below the right wing. A shame. It is a really nice high-AU coin otherwise.

LoveMyLiberty correctly cited the die marriage, of course.
    Lance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file