Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ugh I hate when a seller on eBay...

BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doens't accept, decline, or counter offer & makes you wait 2 whole days.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

Comments

• Options

Yeah but I think he's fallen and can't get up to accept my offer and doesn't have Life Alert :cold_sweat:

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've done that before - missed an offer. Sometimes I have a few items out on long-term BIN listings and don't check every day (or two).

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

What about when the person pays you and you send the coin but he is not home. Now Fed Ex wants to ship the coin back. What do you do then? Its one of the Palladium coins I sent him.

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm slow. But who is him?

• Options

It's been 36 hours so I just sent him a wake up message.

• Options
    opportunityopportunity Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2017 5:29PM

Early American Copper, Bust and Seated.

• Options

I think you've gotta call FedEx and talk to a human to get it redelivered.

Using FedEx to ship precious metals is pretty risky.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Broadstruck said:

It's been 36 hours so I just sent him a wake up message.

How much is your offer below the ask?

• Options
    ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

How much is your offer below the ask?

This

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

FedEx insurance doesn't cover coins/ bullion over $500 or so

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2017 3:06PM

I'm 15% lower then his ask and just trying to use up my ebucks before they expire.

It's been up for 20 day with 10 watchers and no competing offers.

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

eBay bucks aside, I still expect a prompt reply to a legitimate question about an item.

Delay erodes my interest. :p

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sell on Ebay and if the offer is legit I respond. If its a Wack Job Offer I just Blow it Off with No Response. 15% back seems legit but I would think about it for 2 days or refuse it.

Ken

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

You never know the situation, I only have internet when I am at my laptop, which sometimes can be an absence of 1 or 2 days depending on work :smile:
    JMO

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2017 4:11PM

@Broadstruck said:

In most cases they're holding out for a better offer. I always include a note "offer expires in 24 hours so that I can make a different purchase" to help motivate the seller.

You can withdraw your offer if you decide to shop elsewhere. Once I withdrew an offer and seller immediately messaged me that he would accept it if I resubmitted.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

@derryb

I don;t 'Ebay' but that's good to know that there is a "withdraw" option :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boy I hate that too!!

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2017 4:33PM

His ask is like circa 2008 my offer is fair.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Broadstruck said:
    I'm 15% lower then his ask and just trying to use up my ebucks before they expire.

It's been up for 20 day with 10 watchers and no competing offers.

Yeah----I respond quickly to any offer above 50% of the ask.

Ebay does allow for offers to be retracted before the 48 hours. Just use it sparingly.

• Options

Thanks for the clarification @Coinstartled :smile:

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2017 8:56PM

Your trying for too big a discount. I would make them wait too until it expired. Does walmart give u a 15 pct discount at checkout?

I use auto reject and sometimes c their low ball bids and wonder why they even bothered.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

Especially when your ebay buck are only good till the end of the day.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options

The offer expired and I jumped back in upping it.

Earlier this year on a $50 doohickey guy wanted $57 shipped, I offered $50 and he blocked me :smiley:

• Options
    TopoftheHillTopoftheHill Posts: 180 ✭✭✭

This is one of my pet peeves with ebay....any offer is good for 48 hours. How hard would it be for them to let a potential buyer set the time limit...24 hours or whatever. If the seller missed the offer, he can always write with a counter.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Broadstruck said:
    Earlier this year on a $50 doohickey guy wanted $57 shipped, I offered $50 and he blocked me :smiley:

That is insane.

I will say that when I list from my cellphone it defaults to including a best offer wirh no chance to remove it, but even if that was happening to this guy he is handling it wrong. I also see a best offer as a potential reality check if the have no idea what an item is really worth.

• Options
    ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

15% back is a reasonable offer. They should counter or decline. No reason to string someone along.

• Options

Good to know as I wasn't aware of that.

All I can say is if I see OBO on a listing and it's not something that would bother me if I didn't get it a offer will be made instead of BIN.

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

The worst is making an offer while the ebucks coupon is valid and not getting a response.

This is why I make an offer that would be lower than the coupon, so if the seller accepts I get a double discount.

• Options
    dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

15% off is fair. Seller should list it BIN with no Best Offer Option if he doesn't want to negotiate. I have won items at 30% off, while st the same time people have offered me less than 50% of my asking price. If I am not interested in negotiating and have my bottom line, I sell without the Best Offer option.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2017 7:33AM

I need to ponder my response. I'll post back here in a few days.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have taken BIN's and also made an offer... My offer was usually about 15% lower than BIN... and It was accepted all three times.... the longest wait was one day. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Broadstruck said:

Sometimes life gets in the way. I have back to back jobs that keeps me real busy at times...you really don't know what is going on the other side. Give 'em another message.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Broadstruck said:
    I think you've gotta call FedEx and talk to a human to get it redelivered.

Using FedEx to ship precious metals is pretty risky.

Actually Fed Ex called me and told me it was their 3rd attempt. What is strange is the guy PAID ON PAY PAL. Money has been transfered to my account. I made it a Signature REQUIRED DELIVERY. The GUY JUST VANISHED.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file