Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

COIN SHOW announcement in the Pacific Northwest this weekend....

Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hotel info – DoubleTree Lloyd Center Hotel, 1000 NE Multnomah Street, Portland, OR 97232.

Convention Dates/Times:

Dealer/exhibitor set up and Early Bird entry

Friday, October 20, 3:00 - 6:00 PM.
Saturday, October 21, 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM.
Sunday, October 22, 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM.

Public show hours:
Saturday, October 21, 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM.
Sunday, October 22, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM.

Other convention information & show features:

Approximately 90 local, regional and national coin dealer tables. See the 2017 dealer list.
Located adjacent to Lloyd Center Mall and just a few blocks from the Oregon Convention Center. See the driving directions.
In addition to the main convention hotel, the DoubleTree Lloyd Center Hotel, there are numerous other hotels within a reasonable distance. See below for detailed DoubleTree Hotel reservation information.
Admission $2.00 per day. Children under 12 are free.
"Early Bird" admission available for a fee. (See above for hours.)
Parking garage available at the DoubleTree. The show is in a room connected to the garage, immediately across the street from the main hotel entrance.
Free paper copies of the fall convention edition of The Nor'wester will be available. See the fall 2017 edition.
There is a collector exhibit area, normally on the side of the room near the entrance. The PNNA chief judge and experienced exhibitors are available to consult. Competitive exhibit awards were reinstated at the fall show in 2010, and have been continued. See the exhibit page for more information, and see the exhibit results.
There is the popular Young Numismatist (YN) treasure hunt. (See details below.)
Boy and Girl Scout programs – See scouting page.
Hourly door prizes!
New video camera security

Young Numismatist/Family Programs

In addition to Boy and Girl Scout clinics, there will also be a general public and youth and family activities table inside the show (sometimes known as the "WCC-PNNA Kid's Educational Zone") which will provide youth, families and non-collectors with free hobby information and educational materials.

Activities available, coordinated by ANA Past President Walter Ostromecki, will include

Youth and families can go on a coin treasure hunt adventure and collect 10 different U.S. coins including a 2017-P Lincoln cent, 1943 steel cent, Liberty V-nickel, Buffalo nickel, Mercury dime, and the Ellis Island AMB Quarter P or S mint. Available both Saturday and Sunday (all day during show hours).
A World Currency Country-Banknote match, where youth can earn a piece of world currency for each correct match, up to 28 different in all, the beginnings of a starter foreign currency collection.
Take an America the Beautiful Quarter trivia challenge and win P and/or S Mint Quarters for correct answers. Youth/families can go away with up to 40 different quarters!
Treasures In Your Pocket. The new ANA hands-on discovery program where youngsters can discover and go away with several mint error coins. This activity takes about an hour to complete.

Comments

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thinking about going. Want to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Enjoy Coins and see the Fire Damage to the Columbia Gorge.

Ken

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shoot - have to work this weekend.......

I hear the Wyeth exhibit is pretty special at the Portland museum. Features NC, Andrew and Jamie.

I went to the opening of the Wyeth exhibit at the SAM (Seattle Art Museum) and it is astonishing! If you're in the NW for a short time, it's well worth seeing. The Christies American art expert kept walking around saying, "Wow.....wow......wow". Many paintings from private collections, just in from Chadd's Ford, PA - ends 1-15-18 and not going anywhere else.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be set up there at my usual table right inside the door - stop by, say hi, and check out some Pretty Pennies!

Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

This has been a good show in the past..... look forward to show reports.... ESPECIALLY from Charmy... always enjoy your reports (and wine selections)....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭✭✭

Come one come all!!

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be there! I can't wait, every year it gets better & better!

• Options
    PurfrockPurfrock Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

I'll be there. Looking forward to it.

EAC, ANA Member
  • Options
    KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck to anyone making it out there. Don't forget your show reports :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file