Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2018 US Mint Product Schedule release

BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

And here we go!

If you go to the product schedule, they've added a 2018 drop down. An almost proper mint schedule...

Highlights:

Jan 04: American Eagle 2018 One Ounce Silver Proof Coin - W-Mint (See Summer 2018 below)
Jan11: Congratulations Set 2018 - "W" mint only
Jan 17: WW1 Commems and Medals sets
Jan 25: Preamble to the Declaration of Independence 2018 Platinum Proof Coin - Life

Feb 8: American Liberty One-Tenth Ounce 2018 Gold Proof Coin

Mar 15: Breast Cancer Commem (Pink gold, not domed.)

Summer 2018: American Eagle 2018 One Ounce Silver Proof Coin (S-Mint)

Summer 2018: San Francisco Mint 2018 Silver Reverse Proof Set (And there, you have it. Shall I start the thread now?)

Fall 2018: American Eagle 2018 One Ounce Palladium Proof Coin

Fall 2018: Limited Edition Silver Proof Set 2018 (S-mint, no W-mint.)

So the S-Mint ASE will probably be unliminted next year, making this year's S-Mint ASE the winner.

Start saving those nickels! :)

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shall we guess at the price of the Palladium Proof? $1600 anyone? [Assuming $900-$950 palladium]

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pd Spot $2000 by then as it is a volatile commodity.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2017 2:13PM

Yup San Francisco Mint 2018 Silver Reverse Proof Set! The only way to get those reverse proof penny, nickle , dime, quarter etc. **Wait! Reverse quarter? ** :o This set along deserves one thread per each face value coin.

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2017 2:09PM

hiccup. deleted

• Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 1,039 ✭✭

loving the WWI coin.

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, geez.

I really know how Sisyphus felt.

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

They just aren't thinking outside the box nearly enough.
    They need to do a reverse uncirculated set, a reverse circulating set, and a reverse waffle cancellation set as well as that reverse PROOF set.

They have more cows to milk.

• Options

@MilesWaits said:
    Pd Spot $2000 by then as it is a volatile commodity.

Not that volatile. Bit of a run up in recent years when they finally started using it in catalytic converters which caused its price to merge with that of platinum.

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

I'm suprised to see a tenth oz gold from the mint besides the proof. Might be a sign that fractionals are finally coming back.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

2017 stopped at Dec 5th, and 2018 up already?
    What the...!?!?

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

@LanLord said:
    They just aren't thinking outside the box nearly enough.
    They need to do a reverse uncirculated set, a reverse circulating set, and a reverse waffle cancellation set as well as that reverse PROOF set.

They have more cows to milk.

How can you tell the difference between a regular waffle and a reverse waffle? LMAO

How about a square coin? Bullet shaped coin?

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! Isn't this super early for a schedule? Didn't we have to wait till Christmas last year?

Silver reverse proof set? Yep, start that thread now, that will be a record breaking thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's see how many silver Eagles this will add up to. Five?

I think the tenth ounce gold Liberty sounds interesting.

• Options

@Onastone said:
    Wow! Isn't this super early for a schedule? Didn't we have to wait till Christmas last year?

It might be a couple weeks early compared to previous years, but the way the Mint released the schedule last year (because of the "surprise" 225th products) was a cluster-fart.

All years previous to 2017 treated the product schedule this way, and released in late October/November. If I remember correctly. And that's becoming suspect lately.

Silver reverse proof set? Yep, start that thread now, that will be a record breaking thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, I might just do that. :smile:

• Options

@CoinCrazyPA said:
    I'm suprised to see a tenth oz gold from the mint besides the proof. Might be a sign that fractionals are finally coming back.

Fractionals based on the American Liberty was announced a while ago to satisfy those who wanted a 24K coin smaller than an ounce. Ever since the demise of the First Spouse series, the only 24K coin (currently issued) was the 1ozt Buffalo and AmLib.

I'm surprised the 1/4 and 1/2 aren't on the schedule. Maybe they're waiting to see what the 1/10 does. (It'll still be a $200 coin. A tiny $200 coin...)

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    Shall we guess at the price of the Palladium Proof? $1600 anyone? [Assuming $900-$950 palladium]

Will the proof version be available to the public through the Mint?

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

"morgansforever: Will the proof version be available to the public through the Mint?"

I believe that will. The bullion uncirculated version will be distributed by the authorized dealers while the proof will be available in September through the mint. I think that's how it will work, I'm just guessing.
    Pricing? Hmmmmm, I'm guessing around $1600.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are there details on the reverse proof silver set? Which coins? If a full set, will ALL the coins be reverse proof? Or just the silver coins? That could be interesting... surely a flippers dream for a month or so. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@morgansforever said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Will the proof version be available to the public through the Mint?

Yes, they almost always distribute the proofs that way. It's only bullion that goes through their bullion distributors. I'm not sure why they don't distribute the bullion themselves. I mean, I might add a silver eagle to my proof set order...???

• Options

@ricko said:
    Are there details on the reverse proof silver set? Which coins? If a full set, will ALL the coins be reverse proof? Or just the silver coins? That could be interesting... surely a flippers dream for a month or so. Cheers, RickO

There ain't no details about nuthin'. Just a bunch of placeholder pages. :)

My guess is it's going to be just that. A reverse proof set. All 11 coins in reverse proof, similar to the Enhanced Uncirculated set. Except in silver. It would be the easiest and most economical way for San Francisco to produce the set.

I've been expecting this set since they did the dime in the March of Dimes set. I really thought this set was going to be one of the 225th products after they announced the EU set. I wonder if there will be a product limit. If there's no product limit, I can't imagine the flippers wanting any part of it.

Let me also add that it'd be nice if they adjusted the price of their silver products considering what silver spot is now. I'm not holding my breath on that one...

• Options

Jan 17: WW1 Commems and Medals sets. (From OP)
    Any info to the Silver Metals being stand alone options?
    Or, available in Commem / Medal sets only?

• Options

@ECHOES said:

Right now, they're only in the commem/medal set, forcing you to buy 5 silver dollars if you want the medal set. Ugh.

The line art for the medals can be found here.

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:

@ECHOES said:

Right now, they're only in the commem/medal set, forcing you to buy 5 silver dollars if you want the medal set. Ugh.

Still early, we will have to wait and see...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file