Home Sports Talk
Options

Zeke is back

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dimeman??

Comments

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even a revolving door eventually stops at enter.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

My fantasy team thanks whoever that judge was, lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's back for 14 days. That's when the restraining order ends. The problem is this is a huge distraction for the Cowboys. This ain't going away

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

They just need to drop it and put her in jail for lying!

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Keep Hillary out of this!

Put them in the same cell!

• Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@Coinstartled said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Keep Hillary out of this!

Put them in the same cell!

all 3 of them

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

They don't need the drama. In hindsight it may have been better just to serve the suspension and then get back to football.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

@Brick said:
    They don't need the drama. In hindsight it may have been better just to serve the suspension and then get back to football.

Agree

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least it was announced soon enough for the boys in Vegas to adjust the line.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2017 8:52AM

@Brick said:

NO.....because he is innocent until proven guilty! She is the one lying and making the whole thing up to try and make some quick money! If there was anything to it......it WOULD go to trial!

OH...and drama is not their problem. it's playing defense in dresses and high heels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

The NFL doesn't need even civil court level evidence, that's the agreement. Change the agreement and I'm fine, but to say the NFL doesn't currently have the power will get thrown out of court as long as they followed the process the players agreed to (which they did).

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:
    The NFL doesn't need even civil court level evidence, that's the agreement. Change the agreement and I'm fine, but to say the NFL doesn't currently have the power will get thrown out of court as long as they followed the process the players agreed to (which they did).

I know and that is wrong and should be changed. The commish (the idiot that he is) does not have the right to play GOD!

• Options

The NFLPA gave him that right via the current CBA. Like it or not, Zeke will end up serving the suspension at some point. I foresee an extended strike when the CBA expires that will be the final nail in the coffin for the NFL.

• Options

What the NFL really needs is a NEW commish!!!

• Options

You think a new commish would be any less power hungry?

• Options

Rozell wasn't....that I remember.

• Options

Why would the owners want a new commish? This one helped make them 14 billion dollars this year and tripled the value of the franchises during his tenure. The commish is employed by the owners.

m

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Rozell wasn't....that I remember.

I'm not talking about the past, do you think any in that position in the future would negotiate away the power the commish currently has regarding punishments? NFLPA will demand it for the next CBA, and therein lies the impasse. I don't see any way a strike will be avoided when the current CBA expires.

• Options

To tell the truth I'm about to the point where I don't care. If they don't stop the kneeling, which is against the rules of the NFL, I may just drop the NFL from my life! They want to suspend a guy who is not guilty, but won't do anything to the guys who disrespect the Flag, our Country and the Men & Women who have given their lives so that these jerks can have everything that they have!!!! Something is WRONG with this picture!!!!!

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Why would the owners want a new commish? This one helped make them 14 billion dollars this year and tripled the value of the franchises during his tenure. The commish is employed by the owners.

m

Mark.....just HOW did the commish make them the 14 billion dollars. That money was made from the people who go to the games, buy the sports wear and pay to view the games. Just WHERE did the commish fit into this???!!!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

Mark.....just HOW did the commish make them the 14 billion dollars. That money was made from the people who go to the games, buy the sports wear and pay to view the games. Just WHERE did the commish fit into this???!!!

Because he negotiates most of the deals that's why including the labour contracts. He is the boss

I'm giving him the same credit you give Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach. He is the the owners Quarterback

mark

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    To tell the truth I'm about to the point where I don't care. If they don't stop the kneeling, which is against the rules of the NFL, I may just drop the NFL from my life! They want to suspend a guy who is not guilty, but won't do anything to the guys who disrespect the Flag, our Country and the Men & Women who have given their lives so that these jerks can have everything that they have!!!! Something is WRONG with this picture!!!!!

Stop watching then. I know you won't

m

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

m

Actually Mark I'm about to my breaking point!

• Options
    edited October 20, 2017 2:34PM

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

m

That's fine. You should quit watching then. I'm still waiting for for people that said If Obama won the election to leave the country that (said they would). Same with those that said they would leave if Trump won

mark

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

m

You're close to your breaking point because the Cowboys are underachieving. If they were 4-1 instead of 2-3, you'd be beating a whole different drum.

And stop already with "kneeling is against the NFL rules" false narrative. It's not against the rules, and you know it. You may want there to be one, but I'm not here to argue that - plus we've all been 'round and 'round the block on that particular discussion. Suffice it to say that standing is encouraged, but not mandated. Teams must only be on the field for the Anthem, but nothing more than that.

• Options

@TNP777 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

m

You're close to your breaking point because the Cowboys are underachieving. If they were 4-1 instead of 2-3, you'd be beating a whole different drum.

And stop already with "kneeling is against the NFL rules" false narrative. It's not against the rules, and you know it. You may want there to be one, but I'm not here to argue that - plus we've all been 'round and 'round the block on that particular discussion. Suffice it to say that standing is encouraged, but not mandated. Teams must only be on the field for the Anthem, but nothing more than that.

It's in the rules. And at least Jerry requires it or you don't play!!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@TNP777 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

m

It's not in the rules and you hate Jerry Jones

mark

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

m

That's fine. You should quit watching then. I'm still waiting for for people that said If Obama won the election to leave the country that (said they would). Same with those that said they would leave if Trump won

mark

Way easier to dump the NFL than to exit the country were you live. I gave up on the league 5 years ago. I have a few friends that still follow their team but skip the other couple of games that they would follow each week. It is a hoodlum league now and not nearly as much fun to watch as in the Barry Sanders/Emmitt Smith era.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

m

mark

Way easier to dump the NFL than to exit the country were you live. I gave up on the league 5 years ago. I have a few friends that still follow their team but skip the other couple of games that they would follow each week. It is a hoodlum league now and not nearly as much fun to watch as in the Barry Sanders/Emmitt Smith era.

True it is easier but people make idle threats all the time but mean it when they say it. I love football still.

mark

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@TNP777 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

m

No, it's not in the "rules". There is no such "rule". You may be speaking of a "policy" - it appears there may be such a thing, although there is no official mandate that players must stand or hold their helmet in their left hand or anything else, at least not that I can find. Goodell is on record saying he believes players "should" stand, but stopped short of mandating it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/10/10/nfl-owners-will-decide-whether-a-team-can-force-its-players-to-stand-for-the-national-anthem/?utm_term=.19e3df316300

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

m

mark

True it is easier but people make idle threats all the time but mean it when they say it. I love football still.

mark

Love it as well and I will watch a couple of college games this weekend. They certainly have their problems but the coaches still maintain a modicum of control over the players.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

m

mark

mark

Love it as well and I will watch a couple of college games this weekend. They certainly have their problems but the coaches still maintain a modicum of control over the players.

Doesn't bother me at all. I appreciate the skill level. Don't mind characters at all. I have me own problems. Football ain't one of them

mark

• Options
    edited October 20, 2017 3:21PM

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

m

mark

mark

Cool. So you support a society where one person, or a group of persons, controls the actions/thoughts of the many. Forced compliance. Forced patriotism. Forced agreement. You may have your own opinion, but only if it agrees with mine. Otherwise, a mandated consequence for your insubordination. 'Murica!

No mention of actually hearing the players that are protesting and working towards a solution that addresses their concerns.

Sad.

• Options

I support a game that's a game and not a political statement. Employers everywhere have restrictions on what actions are acceptable for an employee without infringing on their rights.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

m

The question is will he stop posting then about the Cowboys?? Lol..

I see all these people on social media supposedly boycotting the NFL yet they seem to know exactly what's going on each and every week and keep posting on team web pages, lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@TNP777 said:

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

m

mark

mark

Cool. So you support a society where one person, or a group of persons, controls the actions/thoughts of the many. Forced compliance. Forced patriotism. Forced agreement. You may have your own opinion, but only if it agrees with mine. Otherwise, a mandated consequence for your insubordination. 'Murica!

No mention of actually hearing the players that are protesting and working towards a solution that addresses their concerns.

Sad.

@TNP777 said:

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

m

mark

mark

Sad.

NCAA has called for a boycott of the NFL. I don't want to cross that line. It would be disrespectful to the organization.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/naacp-calls-for-total-boycott-of-nfl-until-colin-kaepernick-gets-signed/

• Options

Not true. Not the NCAA. One chapter in the NAACP called for the boycott. They weild the same power you do over us in the Sportscard Forum.

m

• Options

Clockwork Orange...the guy is forced to watch violent movies with his eyes pried open. Maybe that is what TNP777 has in mind.

• Options
    edited October 20, 2017 5:00PM

@Coinstartled said:
    Clockwork Orange...the guy is forced to watch violent movies with his eyes pried open. Maybe that is what TNP777 has in mind.

I have to admit your ability to reach and connect dots that don't exist have no limits. You are gifted

m

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

well it could be worse , in another scene a person was beaten to death with a giant ceramic penis . I'd opt for the movie torture given the choice

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@Coinstartled said:

I have to admit your ability to reach and connect dots that don't exist have no limits. You are gifted

m

Response was nuanced but relevant. TNP objects to my failure to watch the NFL because I don't support the activist players in their collective idiocy.

Forget that I was 98% out already. His only solution then is to force me to watch the games. Stanley Kubrick had a solution but that would probably not play well in 2017.

• Options
    edited October 20, 2017 5:24PM

Mark you are a good dude and I like you. BUT, you tend to be a person who tends to raise alarms, especially without sufficient reason, as by exaggerating dangers or prophesying calamities. You do it here , in the neurotic PM forum and the Coin Forum. You are our Alarmist.

mark

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@Coinstartled said:

m

Response was nuanced but relevant. TNP objects to my failure to watch the NFL because I don't support the activist players in their collective idiocy.

Forget that I was 98% out already. His only solution then is to force me to watch the games. Stanley Kubrick had a solution but that would probably not play well in 2017.

Where is he saying he wants to force you watch NFL games?

The Clockwork Orange reference makes about as much sense as the language they came up with for the story, lol.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@TNP777 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

m

mark

I love his stand on this!!

• Options
    edited October 20, 2017 9:15PM

@bronco2078 said:

@Coinstartled said:

well it could be worse , in another scene a person was beaten to death with a giant ceramic penis . I'd opt for the movie torture given the choice

My wife made me take her to that Robert Redford movie where he was alone at sea in a disabled boat. He was the only one in the movie and he said like six words and they were all F bombs. It reminded me of the summer where my Dad insisted on putting up a shed in the backyard by himself. I watched him intently like a good son. I went to the movie with my wife like a good husband. However in both cases I would have chosen the ceramic penis

mark

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@TNP777 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

m

mark

I love his stand on this!!

Cool.

mark

• Options
    edited October 20, 2017 5:37PM

@Justacommeman said:

@bronco2078 said:

@Coinstartled said:

However in both cases I would have chosen the ceramic penis

mark

On that I have little doubt!

• Options

@TNP777 said:

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

m

mark

mark

Sad.

If I posted here how I feel about you and all of those disrespecting the Flag I would be banned so I won't!!

But I will say that if you don't love this country and Flag why don't you just leave and go to a country more of your liking!!

All you are doing is taking up space!! This is my last post on this thread. Have fun people.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@TNP777 said:

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

m

mark

mark

Sad.

If I posted here how I feel about you and all of those disrespecting the Flag I would be banned so I won't!!

But I will say that if you don't love this country and Flag why don't you just leave and go to a country more of your liking!!

All you are doing is taking up space!! This is my last post on this thread. Have fun people.

So think like you or leave. Got it. Doesn't sound like America at all

m