Home U.S. Coin Forum

2009-d mint set cent formative years error coin - giving me the extra finger.

MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 17, 2017 6:16PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I have a 2009-d mint set cent formative years cent that has an extra finger like many of the errors seen on the business strikes. I didn't see any on ebay. Does this coin have much value and is it rare?

Jim

Comments

• SteveBellSteveBell Posts: 58 ✭✭✭
    edited October 17, 2017 5:07PM

I've seen several around,but never seen one graded and encased.More of a cherrypicker

Edit:I stand corrected-there is one currently available on eBay graded Ddo by ANACS

• CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

@MaineJim said:
    I have a 2009 proof cent formative years cent that has an extra finger like many of the errors seen on the business strikes. I didn't see any on ebay. Does this coin have much value and is it rare?

Jim

Do you have a pic

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was mistaken - it wasn't the proof, it was the copper version from the mint set and it was the 2009-d cent. Sorry for the poor photo - the set is in my box at the bank and this was a photo from back in 2009 thru a loop.

Jim

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice picture for being through a loupe.....I would be lucky to get that good with a full set up... :D Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file