Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My desk loupe.......what is yours?

AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

I so enjoy this "loupe" that came out of the back of a rear projection TV that was at the curb going to the dump. I salvage this beauty from inside just before the trash company got it.
It fits my hand, has a flat area for positioning against the nose and is as clear and perfect as they come! I love that I can see the entire dollar all at once......it's my favorite "loupe".

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kind of the same concept. A large acrylic dome I had some fun playing with....and even attempted photographing through. (Don't know where it is now.....)

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just don't drop it on the coin.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭

Those 'loupes' are very interesting. They remind me of the 'loupe' that early US coin expert and author Russ Logan used to carry. It was, from what I understand, removed from some type of projector, and looked quite odd, especially to be used by such an expert, but he swore by it, and it was always with him at coin shows. Whatever works.

They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use a Sirchie Fingerprint magnifier..... at shows a Zeiss 3x6x9 loupe.... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file