Home U.S. Coin Forum

What is this called?


  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Looks like post-mint damage, possibly from a coin rolling and wrapping machine.

    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

    Right, makes sense thanks a lot

  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

    Yep, machine damage.

    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

    it is called 'damage'


    BHNC #203

  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

    If it was a Latin American coin, I'd call it an assayer mark, "N" with a backwards "L".

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Yep...just PMD.... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file