Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New member, first post! Saint-Gaudens

Hi I'm new to the forum! First post, woo! My hubby basically lives here and I want to know what all this craziness is about! The only legit coin I have is my Saint here...

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

What an introduction! Beats the tar out of the St Gaudens that I don't have.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard @ktb919 :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum!

• Options

Thank you!!! Saints are my absolute favorite, this one was picked raw at a coin show. It's the only graded coin I have, the rest aren't really worth sending in. I was pretty happy with MS64! Haven't quite broken past that guilt sense of "Oh my gosh I'm about to spend how much?!!" but it must not be too hard because my husband is pretty good at it LOL!

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome! Nice Saint

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful coin and welcome aboard.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh and she comes outta the gate with a gorgeous Saint !
    Welcome to the party :)

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

A nice coin, I like it a lot.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin. Actually numismatics is a lot saner than many other collectibles areas, and Wall Street investments IMO, as long as it doesn't become an obsession.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin!

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

welcome. nice coin to :)

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome. Lovely Saint!

"...as long as it doesn't become an obsession." Good luck with THAT!

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 13, 2017 11:27AM

Mrs Early Gold :open_mouth: ?

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard! I was lucky enough to purchase one of those about a year ago. had I waited I could have bought one $200 cheaper as the prices have fallen a good deal, but I'm not planning on getting rid of it any time soon.

Nice looking saint!

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the Forum!!

Your First Coin is a Great Looking Saint, and an excellent starter coin selection.

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

I prefer gold to palladium, welcome.

LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    ProfLizProfLiz Posts: 261 ✭✭✭✭

Totally legit!

Welcome (from a fellow Saint fan-girl)!

• Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin :)

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the best coin forum on the web!!!!!

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet coin, welcome to the forum !!! B)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely a 64. Thought so before I knew the grade. Nice, lightly marked specimen of one of the most beautiful coins ever minted.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to a fabulous forum. And your intro with a great Saint just set your bar high for future coins that you might want to share with us. Your hubby is on here??........please out him. We on this forum are always ready to provide expert opinion o on all coins, but comparitive analysis is our specialtity. LOL and looking forward to your next post.

OINK

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome. Fabulous coin!

• Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome... nice Saint!

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ktb919 Welcome aboard!!!

That is a nice looking Saint. :+1::+1:

Thanks for sharing it.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not just a nice Saint. That is a beautiful example. Just what I'd want.

Well done! Oh...and welcome to the forum!
    Lance.

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome! Nice coin but now you need a Buffalo Nickel to go with it. Won't set you back nearly as much as that Saint.

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard - you must have a pretty good eye, picking that raw and getting a 64.
    You are off to a great start!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OldIndianNutKase said:
    Welcome to a fabulous forum. And your intro with a great Saint just set your bar high for future coins that you might want to share with us. Your hubby is on here??........please out him. We on this forum are always ready to provide expert opinion o on all coins, but comparitive analysis is our specialtity. LOL and looking forward to your next post.

OINK

I agree with OINK, no well wishes from your hubby on your first post?
    Out him! ;)

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin. I passed on $20's at $48 back in the 1960's.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2017 11:51AM

that 64 Saint gets an A+ , welcome!

edited for spell check :#

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ktb919.... Welcome aboard... and a VERY nice Saint.... I favor all gold coins....I like gold dust, gold nuggets, gold jewelry and gold coins....Have fun here, it is a great forum... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2017 10:12AM

You started with the most beautiful coin ever minted in the US — Where do you go from here? :#

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the Jungle! :) Beautiful Saint!

• Options

@Raybo @OldIndianNutKase It's ok!! I told him to wait until he was sure he wanted to claim me before I make a fool of myself making a newbie post or the like LOL

I just really, really like Saints. I don't think I'll ever go crazy on completing sets...just picking out random coins here and there that I think are beautiful. He got me a 1/10oz gold eagle dated with our wedding year for our anniversary, gets all the brownie points for that :)

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to see everyone's warm welcomes here and I add mine to them! @ktb919 is my wife of 2 years now(Aug 29)! I figured I'd give the post a few days before chiming in, also I was quite sick this weekend so wasn't on the computer much at all.

@FadeToBlack said:
    Well at least one member is going to keep his nicer newp's on the down low now.

Ha! She's the one who sees them first.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome! Your's is the same year as the only Saint I have. Very nice, and thanks for sharing!

• Options
    KoveKove Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭✭

Very attractive color on that Saint. Well done.

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum, and I really like that Saint. Purchased raw? You have a good eye.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file