Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Here is one more from our favorite #2

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow.... that is amazing.... imagine being the buyer of number two and getting number one (yep, I know, same coin)....the people who pay for tarnish would/should be outraged. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this is the case of neither of the images being flattering.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    oldstandardoldstandard Posts: 387 ✭✭✭

yes I bought one and return it just to se it in hand the coin was night and day from images

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL "tarnish" ricko..............this time I agree whole heartedly.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

To me it seems like it might be a negative eye appeal coin regardless of which set of images is more accurate, but I will admit that the GC images evoke a likely much more realistic appearance, in my opinion.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    Beefer518Beefer518 Posts: 33 ✭✭✭

Hi All. So I'm mostly just a lurker here (maybe that will change), and I'm wondering how he got the coin to flip around in the holder. I know you can do it by whacking the holder in a circular motion against something (table, etc.), but wouldn't you have gone all the way to correctly orientate it in the holder? Just another thing that makes you go Hmmm...

And here's my version of the coin to match the seller's version. Photoshop, cranked the saturation to +72 (just picked a random number on the slider)
    , and viola! A monster toned Morgan. Difference between his and mine is he didn't take the time to not over saturate the holder (label).

Seller's like this should be banned.

• Options
    Beefer518Beefer518 Posts: 33 ✭✭✭

Oh, and it was the GC image I modified. Makes it convenient for him. He can modify the GC image to see if the coin will 'tone' the way he wants it before he buys it.

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tang... If it's good enough for astronauts on the moon, it's good enough on Morgans.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    NumivenNumiven Posts: 377 ✭✭✭

how did the coin flip in the ebay listing? Amazing what these people are doing there days!

Numismatics & Photography
    rv@ravenumismatics.com
    Instagram.com/coin2photo

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

It didn't flip. It rotated.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file