• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember seeing one many years ago

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    aus3000tinaus3000tin Posts: 369 ✭✭✭
    edited October 11, 2017 3:21AM

Why would you want a crumpled up Silver Dollar Certificate?
    I have a feeling there are a LOT of Wheat Cents.

What's the cost of a chance ??

Chris

• Options

75 cents!

• Options

Either way pretty neat lmfao would be nice to get a old barber that possibly isn't completely rubbed lol

• Options
    DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

Interesting, too, the way the Wheats are broken up. One listing for 1909 through 1955-S, then it skips 1956 and 1956-D, and then a separate listing for 1957-D, and no 1958's.

• Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fun way of getting folks to notice old coins.

Larry

• Options
    COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kind of neat. Would help if the put the right years for the span of the coins though

New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
    HAPPY COLLECTING

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11, 2017 5:40AM

I would not mind getting ahold of one those early Roosevelt Dimes from 1916 but only up to 1945.

I have not heard of a Silver (or any other metal) Washington Nickle.

The price has gone up since I seen one last at a quarter.

Could see anything other than Wheaties in the window?

Did you give it a whirl?

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Quite interesting, never saw something like that :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a first for me.... I would likely take a chance... and probably get a wheatie... I imagine that is the bulk of the lot.... Being a coin collector, would be hard to pass up...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kind of cool....never seen one.

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I have seen these in a restaurant in Carthage NC. Bought three as a gag a couple of years ago with the intention of starting a thread. I recall they cost me 50 cents a pop.
    The cent with the spot is a 1919 - not quite as nice as Stewart's but what the heck, it is still 98 years old.
    The other cent is hard to read the date, I'll call it a 1918.
    The last coin is a 2006 5 centavos from Argentina.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2017 11:56AM

They had one of those at a truck stop in Chesterton, Indiana a few years ago. I used to stop there when I was in the area to get gas. I gave it a whirl 2 or 3 times (Curiosity).

Whatever came out was not worth anywhere near what I put in. I can say that all the coins were U.S.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

I've never seen that before! Really cool!

YN Member of the ANA, ANS, NBS, EAC, C4, MCA, PNNA, CSNS, ILNA, TEC, and more!
    Always buying numismatic literature and sample slabs.

• Options

Yeah it's still pretty neat! I have it a try bc what the hell 75 cents right? Haha tried it with $5 and got 3 s wheat back a common dates 2 steeelies and sadly got away with a buff/nickel but no date sadly but I would say it's still pretty cool!

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have seen many of these types of vending machines that dispensed a large plastic capsule with a prize, but never seen one that had old money as a prize. Very neat and I would probably give it a go if I saw one in person.

Thanks for showing it.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

We have one of those machines around here.
    I tried it and I got a new puppy !

• Options

Haha puppy machine lol well you are welcome if it's worth it to anyone I'm gonna go back there this weekend. Going to spend $50 in there and will post the results!

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

I have never seen one, pretty cool.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

They were everywhere in the 1960's and 1970's.

On our family trips from Toronto to Florida each year, I remember one particular spot when we stopped in Harrisburg PA.

One large strip mall there, had a machine where my brother and I spent a small fortune on those coin capsules.

They cost either 10c or 25c, I can't remember.

My best coin was a high grade 1928-S Lincoln.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never seen one either. Cool.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options

I would love to have one of machines, fill it up with good stuff and only let grandchildren play.

• Options
    ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭

@Addictederror said:
    Haha puppy machine lol well you are welcome if it's worth it to anyone I'm gonna go back there this weekend. Going to spend $50 in there and will post the results!

Looks like we won't see the results.

• Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never saw one. Pretty cool!

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

I forgot that I posted to this thread. I wonder if the machine is still in place - I'll have to check.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's nothing like a bubble gum machine in house, grandkids love it although I have to supply the coins. :)

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    JedPlanchetJedPlanchet Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

The typos on that machine are pretty funny!

Whatever you are, be a good one. ---- Abraham Lincoln

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file