Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Uncirculated Lincoln cents rolls

Hey all! I have 2 rolls of uncirculated Lincoln cents - 1962D & 1968S - that I've been hauling all over God's creation for the last 40 some odd years (or longer). Though they were given to me as a gift, they have no sentimental value at this point. Is there any reason why I shouldn't just break them open, look 'em over just in case and get rid of them? I apologize for the pics. I'm only posting them so ya's know what I'm talking about as far as being 'uncirculated'. An aunt of mine evidently went somewhere where there were these rolls for sale, and bought me a couple. This is how they were when they were given to me.

Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would not hesitate to go through them for grade and then spend if they are all typical. No real value there and no known varieties worth much. Look for errors.
    bob

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    gargoyle62gargoyle62 Posts: 268 ✭✭✭

Thanks Bob. That's exactly what I was thinking

• Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭

Those tubes may be shrunken, making it really hard to get the coins out without damaging them.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck...open them up and check them.... There was a '68S proof DDO... but not likely you will find one in a roll.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

I would open as well.

YN Member of the ANA, ANS, NBS, EAC, C4, MCA, PNNA, CSNS, ILNA, TEC, and more!
    Always buying numismatic literature and sample slabs.

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are two decent DDOs on the 68-S that show doubling on IGWT mostly.
    Check them out at www.coppercoins.com.
    The times that I have found these doubled dies, there will be several in the same roll, often more.....and you can retail them for around $10 if they're decent uncs.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could also discover some lamination defects as well. Open away.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file