Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Crackout grade results in with Trueviews - guess the old and the PCGS grades! (PCGS Grades posted)

claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 12, 2017 6:27AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I used my 4-coin submission and took advantage of the CC special for free Trueviews. No fair looking up the PCGS cert verify for the grade! So, anybody want to guess the old grade and the new one, go ahead:

1838 Half Dime "small stars" variety. This was in holdered by NGC in a pre edgeview holder:
PCGS Grade AU-55

The next coin was another NGC pre-edgeview, purchased from Jason Flowers:
PCGS Grade MS-65

This coin was an old small format ANACS slab, and not attributed as the "large O" variety:
PCGS Grade F-15

And the last coin was purchased in an ANACS newer slab:
PCGS Grade VF-35

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Comments

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2017 7:53PM

Old 58 to p 55
    Old 65 to p 65
    Old 20 to p 15
    Old 40 to p 40

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    1TwoBits1TwoBits Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭

1838 HD NGC XF45 ~ PCGS XF40
    1853 HD NGC AU58 ~ PCGS AU55
    1820 BQ NGC VF30 ~ PCGS VF20
    1814 BH NGC AU50 ~ PCGS XF45

Nice group of coins claychaser. I'm partial to the bust quarter, but I like the bust half with the reverse die break at the wing a lot too. Thanks for posting them.

1TwoBits

Searching for bust quarters.....counterstamps, errors, and AU-MS varieties, please let me know if you can help.
  • Options
    jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm guessing current:

Old:

• Options
    TheDukeKTheDukeK Posts: 359 ✭✭✭

Before Now
    AU details 53
    62 64
    20 25
    45 50

• Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭

I posted the PCGS Grades. Anybody want to guess at the "old" grades?

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file