Home Metal Detecting
Options

1756 half real!!!

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 8, 2017 6:44PM in Metal Detecting

Met up with a buddy for about 5 hours of detecting. Hit a spot that has yielded some cool relics previously (I was there once before and got a merc). Started slow and got a couple buttons, a really nice 1886 ihc, a busted up draped bust large cent!, and a couple wheats. Got a signal near the road that sounded like a simple zincoln at about 3 inches. After all I got a copper Lincoln at 4, so the signal and depth made sense. Got it out and saw a very thin silver coin. Glanced and thought it was play money at first as they can give a similar signal. It looked silver though. Brought it over to my buddy and quickly we could see 1756 staring back at us. Incredible! My oldest dated silver coin! I did find a cob a couple years ago but don’t know its date. What a crazy day! Never found the pillars design either. Things slowed after that and I got another 1886 ihc. My buddy found a silver roosevelt and silver Washington quarter so we both went home with something.

Hh all!

Comments

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

Wow! Mindblowing!
    Fun to imagine when it was lost.
    I don't know anything about degradation of silver coins in soil.
    So, is it safe to guess it was lost over 200 years ago?
    Made my day!

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing.... what a super find... actually, your day was very good.... But that silver coin is awesome. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

So people have been losing stuff for 250+ years so that you could find it now. Great finds

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy crap that's sweet!

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice day out, congrats

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭