Home U.S. Coin Forum

Newcomb Varieties?

This guy is offering several neat bulk lots of sorts. Can anyone spot any R3 or better Newcombs in here? The 50 are priced good, but someone has already bid and I would too if there's some higher rarity numbers included(?)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-US-Large-Cents-Average-To-Above-Average-23G23-/112585852937?hash=item1a36a3c809:g:m~4AAOSw1VRZjPuw

Comments

• ldhairldhair Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ask yourself. Do you really want to own that many problem coins? I would use that same money and buy one or two that I would be happy with.

Larry

• @ldhair said:
    Ask yourself. Do you really want to own that many problem coins? I would use that same money and buy one or two that I would be happy with.

For less than $10 each, I'm a buyer. I own plenty of high grades, and my sons like the lowers grades as I do to. Even Q. David Bowers says that there is something about holding history when a coin has a long history in circulation and we can ponder all the hands of all the people these coins went through.

• ldhairldhair Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enjoy the hobby.

Larry

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

No idea on the Newcombs.... but if it provides family fun with coins, it is a good deal. Cheers, RickO

• BustDMsBustDMs Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimSheldon said:
    This guy is offering several neat bulk lots of sorts. Can anyone spot any R3 or better Newcombs in here? The 50 are priced good, but someone has already bid and I would too if there's some higher rarity numbers included(?)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-US-Large-Cents-Average-To-Above-Average-23G23-/112585852937?hash=item1a36a3c809:g:m~4AAOSw1VRZjPuw

Rather than asking someone to do the work for you how about learning to attribute yourself?

Q: When does a collector become a numismatist?

A: The year they spend more on their library than their coin collection.

A numismatist is judged more on the content of their library than the content of their cabinet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file