Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Postal Headache

I recently won a coin on Ebay, it had a minor issue that did not show in the photos, and I decided to return it. (I return maybe 1 out of 2000 packages from Ebay). I fully insured it, and off it went. It shows as delivered, but the seller (whom I trust did not receive it), states that they did not receive it. I got the signature confirmation PDF and it shows a squiggle for the signature, and does not indicate the name of the person who signed for it.

Am I SOL? I won't let the seller eat the cost (over $1000), and I am worried that USPS will state that it was delivered and case closed. Anyone here ever have a similar situation? Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would just work through the system; contact the relevant usps officials and you should get action, there have been a number of similar cases on the forums.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2017 9:14AM

If it shows as delivered with signature confirmation (over $750), you are covered under ebay buyer protection and should file a claim. The legibility of the signature will not matter if the item shows as delivered on the USPS site. It sucks for the seller, but if the situation were reversed, the same rules would apply and the seller would be covered under the seller's guarantee. Ebay has the option of covering the refund on their end in a case like this, though I'm not sure what criteria they use to consider that.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would think the seller could help with the claim and say that he did not sign for the coin.

Larry

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

File the USPS paperwork. Also file with eBay. Happened to me in reverse (I was the seller on the return). Embassy made us both whole. Eventually the package showed up.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Immediately file with both ebay and the post office as stated above. Timely reports from both yourself and the seller will really help. Be sure the seller files also. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file