Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1882 Shield Nickel. DDO OR ???

Hello. I was hoping to get some input from the coin community on this coin!

It's in a old PCGS rattle holder (version #1).

I think that it's a double die strike but there is no information online about the coin exciting.

Thanks for your help and time!!!

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

Without a photo I can definitely say with absolute certainly that I have no idea.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Portercoins ... Welcome aboard.... A picture will be necessary for members to help you.... Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    @Portercoins ... Welcome aboard.... A picture will be necessary for members to help you.... Cheers, RickO

I keep on trying to add pictures but it says that an administrator will have to review them before the they will be posted???

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have never received that message... of course, I have only posted copy and paste, not pictures of my own. Do an inquiry to the admin. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    howardshowards Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭

I will show you my amazing ESP skills and tell you (without a photo!) that this coin shows only Longacre doubling and perhaps a bit of strike doubling on the motto. The date shows a very common filled 2 - it can be harder to find a clear 2 than a filled 2.

For the rest of you who doubt my ESP is that good, the OP posted a photo of this on a different forum. B)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file