Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Nice raw 1936 DDO Walking Liberty Half Dollar I picked up today.

jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is a really lovely raw 1936 FS-102 Walking Liberty Half Dollar I picked up today. For the price I just couldn't say no. What do you think of her? I love the light tobacco colored toning.

Comments

• Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks really nice to me. So do the images.

Larry

• Options
    panexpoguypanexpoguy Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like that toning too. To me it seems to have purple undertones when it appears

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

Very nice coin and pics. Congrats on the pick up.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great pick up, great images too!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice pictures... the fields seem to have a textured surface.... Nice coin. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good pickup, the inner loop of the "9" really stands out.

The 36-D also has a very similar DDO you can find.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2017 10:46AM

Thanks everyone, this is quickly becoming one of my favorite new pick ups. I love the slight color it has and the coin is fairly flashy in hand. It's one of my few raw purchases that may actually end up getting graded.

• Options

Any guesses as to how this might grade? I have my opinion, but I would like to hear from you walker fans.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file