Home Precious Metals
Options

Can anyone please help me identify this hallmark? Any ideas of what kind of stone this is?

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

No idea on the hallmark... the stone 'looks' like a Lapis Lazuli....but without it 'in hand' it is hard to say. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WatchbelieveWatchbelieve Posts: 527 ✭✭✭
    edited October 3, 2017 12:42PM

thank you

• Options

Thanks RICKO. After regoogling it as antique lapis lazuli pin I saw some examples made by Georg Jensen with that stone but not this exact pin. Anyone think this could be early Jensen. I did buy it in the same lot as the other Georg Jensen items I've posted.

• Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

Don't think this will last long.

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Watchbelieve said:
    I just googled lapis lazuli and saw this. That's one hard stone.

How many did you order? :o;)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

heres more pics of the stone.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know virtually noting about Georg Jensen stuff, but as a general rule, the quality should sell it first, not the mark. This piece does not seem to me to be up to what I might expect of GJ standards. I would expect high end stuff to announce itself even before you go looking for a hallmark or signature.