Home Metal Detecting
Options

8 silver dimes and a nice skeleton key

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭

Got out to Silver beach today. Tried the side that Zot coined Acid beach. The lighter silver dimes were on dry sand aren’t too bad but the other five are junk. Got a cool skeleton key, 15 wheats, a neat car and a few pieces of junk jewelry. All the dimes are either mercs or roosevelts.

Will give it a rest for now. Really was hoping for one more piece of gold there this year but low tones are pretty scarce.

Comments

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

congrats on a nice day out

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neat finds...that car is a cool little piece.....That beach is amazing... You should have it bulldozed about four feet deep and the dirt/mud delivered to your yard or property.... then smooth it out to about four inches and detect for a week.... :D Just fantasizing..... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 3, 2017 11:57AM

@ricko said:
    Neat finds...that car is a cool little piece.....That beach is amazing... You should have it bulldozed about four feet deep and the dirt/mud delivered to your yard or property.... then smooth it out to about four inches and detect for a week.... :D Just fantasizing..... Cheers, RickO

You know what’s funny? I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday! Can you imagine taking a few feet of dirt off this beach and sifting it? Right now the great majority of older coins have been mercs, roosevelts and wheats. There has to be seated, old gold and other crazy things there but they’re just too deep. Also get some dirt (well mud) well past the low tide line and sift/detect that. Has to be dozens of gold rings out of reach. Oh man the “what ifs”....

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pcgs69....I totally agree..... there has got to be treasure there.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice i like :)

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am in NY, can I join you?

:)

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Plenty of silver, very nice!
    Those Oreos sure have the signature battery acid beach look.

Nice key and cool car. Stuff like that is fun to find!

Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro