Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Topic: With the big loss in NFL consumers, how can the coin community tap into this emerging market?

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see an opportunity here. Sundays not spent at the NFL venue?....now its time to relax with a nice Sunday numismatic venue.

Make sense? Ask CoinZip for your nearest NV.

Talk amongst yourselves.

Comments

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

OJ?

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    TLeverageTLeverage Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

Combination of numismatic news and meat cooking show, 'Hot Coins and Tenderloins'.

• Options
    Aegis3Aegis3 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭

"Ram your head into a support column game" at coin shows?

Nah....

--

Ed. S.

(EJS)
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in Seattle for the Seahawks game

• Options
    KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tradedollarnut said:
    I'm in Seattle for the Seahawks game

Could you bring some good vibes for the Hawks! We could sure some

• Options
    ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

Advertise the daylights out of local sunday coin shows, give the average person another option for sunday entertainment.

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2017 8:11AM

I would wager that the percentage of numismatists who enjoy football is a tad higher than the percentage of football fans who collect coins. :)

The demographic is perhaps slightly different

• Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

What is this big loss of NFL customers your talking about?

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cheaper football tickets means more money for coins. Buy some proof gold!

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    ColonialcoinColonialcoin Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭

I wonder if the dealers will kneel down when the show opens to the public?

• Options
    TheRegulatorTheRegulator Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

And if your the one selling tickets, cheaper football tickets means less money for coins. Demand is way down.

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would also wonder about what this big loss is all about that you mention.

1.) if advertisers leave, one of two things will happen --- others will replace them or rates will drop and the same thing will happen.
    2.) if ticket owners decide not to attend they are the losers since the tickets have already been sold. also, with PSL's the holder needs to buy the tickets or lose the license, right? as above, others will fill the void and I don't see a long term loss of attendance if any at all.
    3.) since people tend to watch in the privacy of their own homes, I doubt anything will change. at worst, some will watch and then self-righteously lie about it.

FWIW, I haven't watched an NFL or NCAA game yet this year, accept maybe 1-2 minutes as I was searching and saw some highlights. my FireStick has meant the end of cable TV and a drastic change in my entertainment viewing. :):):)

I should also add that I tend to side with the players/owners on this issue and against POTUS. in the big picture it is a non-issue that was raised in a fine tradition: get people to watch the right hand so they'll forget about what the left hand is doing.

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

Is it true Kim Jong Oung has invited ALL NFL Operatives to his lair in NK? Rodman has been there many times. Maybe the NBA and MLB operatives will decide it's a hip n happening scene also?

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:
    I see an opportunity here. Sundays not spent at the NFL venue?....now its time to relax with a nice Sunday numismatic venue.

Make sense? Ask CoinZip for your nearest NV.

Talk amongst yourselves.

Golf course has more players in last 2 weeks .. local zoo busy like a summer Sunday

Will See effect on local Sunday coin shows

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@Colonialcoin said:
    I wonder if the dealers will kneel down when the show opens to the public?

Yeah, praying there are customers

mark

Very true for B&Ms :p:p

• Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭

Now you can finally take the time and go talk to that potted plant standing over there in the corner that seems to out bid you in just about every auction.

Note: More than likely it's a mustard plant, so be careful.

Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WillieBoyd2 said:
    OJ?

:)

Please keep this con related.

• Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

KEEP politics out of the hobby

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go RAMS!!!!

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will now actively support the opponents of the sf forty "kneelers" and the pitsberg "kneelers".

Other teams have shown some backbone, while willing to discuss the challenges our country faces.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    ArizonaRareCoinsArizonaRareCoins Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭

A Boston neuropathological study showed 110 out of 111 football players examined have CTE. These brain-damaged players are incapable of rational thinking and are virtually incoherent when they speak. They are useful idiots used by their master's to protest for reasons they can't comprehend. The bulk of their fortunes will end-up going to pay medical bills for the damage they inflicted upon their bodies, I doubt they'll have any money left over to invest in coins.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

NFL is on pace to rake in 14 billion in 2017. The league isn't go anywhere anytime soon.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    stashstash Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

I'll let the coin speak for itself ...

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cruse Ebay while watching Football every Sunday.......so I do both. Neither Football or coin collecting are going anywhere.

• Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

I gave up watching the felons and brain damaged athletes play football this season. Waste of time and money that I have since put to much better use. I'd bet a roll of ASE's that if you poll 50% of the players on their knees, they won't even know what the protest is about.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/qkyyj3/new-congressional-bill-would-strip-sports-leagues-of-nonprofit-tax-status

Hopefully this proposed bill can give Goodell something to worry about. Below are a few fun links to see what these role models are up to in their spare time. Take a second to remember that these are multi-millionaires and there are probably many multiples of these instances where charges get dropped after victims get paid off or high power attorneys to have charges dropped or play their legal game... much like when ray rice cold clocked his now wife, or Dante Stalworth killed a man while driving drunk, or OJ, or Ray Lewis, or when marshawn Lynch got caught 2 times with concealed guns when he wasn't licensed to carry them. If you want, I can probably rattle off 20 more felonies that these role models did and are still playing ball...

http://nflarrest.com/

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2017 7:12PM

Have our senior members singing and dancing during our half dime show.

• Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭

I enjoyed pro sports so much more when I was a kid......the 60's and early 70's. I'm lucky to have watched some of the greatest that ever played the game.
    I just don't see the big loss....Maybe some opinionated people out there right now.
    In fact I have the SEA - IND game on right now. It makes great background noise... Al Michaels voice just puts me to sleep. Very relaxing.
    For some reason I can't even put football and coins in the same thought.
    So..." I got nothing."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file