Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1968 S DD Lincoln penny

Any thoughts on this one.
As mentioned going through my collections and sorting out what I have & need feedback on.
Appreciate it.

Comments

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like an uncirculated 1968-S cent... not sure if you are looking for some other type of information? If you are wondering if it is a doubled die or some variety, a closeup with more detail would be helpful.

----- kj
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does not appear to be a DDO.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

1968-S-1DO-006 on coppercoins website is a decent doubled die, and can occasionally be found in "runs" in rolls, although it would still not be considered common. I don't see the die polish on yours; it would be helpful if a close up of the motto would be posted.
    It has a strong following at around the $10-$15 level in nice unc.
    Somewhat moderate doubling will be seen on the motto, especially noticeable on "IN GOD WE" but also on "TRUST."
    MDS examples as shown on the website are strong die polishing E-W near and through date area; also strong die polish under LIBERTY and in the empty spaces of the columns on the reverse.
    If you are looking for a fantastic resource for Lincoln Cents, this is a wonderful site.
    www.coppercoins.com
    I enjoy the website so much that I send a donation once in a while through PayPal to help in my own small way to keep it going.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file