Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sold by apmex... and at only 72 dollars higher than their ebay price.

• epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

You can also get a Dogs Playing Poker Kennedy 1/2 from the Mart.

• TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RogerB said:

@TommyType said:
    Apparently, APMEX needs to spend more time in WalMart. I don't see "the people of WalMart" as being prime candidates for them to target. ;)

What a superb pun! :)

And yet....completely unintentional. ;)

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

In Beverly Hills I'll have you know that "Jed and all his Friends" are all looking to buy APEs from the local Wal-Mart.

They like it because they can buy Monkey Chow there also.

• jt88jt88 Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt shopper in Walmart will buy coins. Lol

• thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's probably not their best market, but any exposure is good for the hobby !

• DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭✭

I would disagree.. I would think that all "Dogs Playing Poker" halves would be snapped up by the average Walmart customer! ;)

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FullStrike said:
    In Beverly Hills I'll have you know that "Jed and all his Friends" are all looking to buy APEs from the local Wal-Mart.

They like it because they can buy Monkey Chow there also.

Not so fast there......Jed "Buddy Ebsen" was co founder of the Beverly Hills coin club.

• ldhairldhair Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭✭✭

Crazy stuff.

Larry

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2017 5:15PM

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well that is a surprise... especially at that price level....I do go there for their ammo sales.. and they could get .22 ammo when it was scarce. I have seen some very strange people there....I walked out after seeing a fellow dressed in a tux, carrying his dog in a wedding dress - that did it!!! That image is burned into my mind....Cheers, RickO

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,490 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jimnight said:
    I wonder how the return policy will work?

There is a "return policy" button right on the listing next to the Apmex name...

Walmart online is no different than Amazon. This is not really at all surprising. Walmart isn't putting the coins in their stores, nor are they even stocking them in inventory. They are simply posting a listing for APMEX for which they are paid if something sells.

@jt88 said:
    I doubt shopper in Walmart will buy coins. Lol

The coins aren't in Walmart. They are at Apmex.

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Walmart was the last possible choice to go to for any business. They have pay terms of over 90 days, make you sign up to submit you own bills and then they chargeback anything missing in the process. You could have a Proof of delivery signed that they took in your material but if the receiving team at Walmart has not processed your paperwork good luck that payment will go to the next month cycle.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

the first member here to get a coin gift from Walmart must come clean PLEASE PLEASE

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• AblinkyAblinky Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Interesting, I know a few watch dealers got a chuckle when they starting listing Rolex's for sale on their website.

Andrew Blinkiewicz-Heritage

• mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

yes but are they made in china like most of the garbage in walmart?

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Disappointed - I thought you meant coins. Not bullion.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2017 1:26PM

oooops, too late.

HE>I

• KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Reminds me of the Walmart greeter that sees this woman with two children struggling as they entered. He says "Welcome to Walmart. I see you're having a bit of trouble with the twins ". The woman blurts out "Are you stupid ? These kids are 4 years apart and don't even look the same. What makes you think they're twins". The greeter says : " You're so ugly , nobody would do you twice "

I reserve the right to delete this in a few minutes.

you can delete it now

:D

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

:D Love the twins joke.

BTW, I don't get the pun ..... :s

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.
  • 1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:

Target is Wal-Mart's competition.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    Disappointed - I thought you meant coins. Not bullion.

Honestly, what's the difference in this market? Classic common date gold is trading like bullion and many silver coins trade with junk 90% silver unless the coins are very high grade pieces.

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

From the listing:

Specifications
    Gender Unisex

Frankly I prefer my coins to be female.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21

@Kkathyl said:
    Walmart was the last possible choice to go to for any business. They have pay terms of over 90 days, make you sign up to submit you own bills and then they chargeback anything missing in the process. You could have a Proof of delivery signed that they took in your material but if the receiving team at Walmart has not processed your paperwork good luck that payment will go to the next month cycle.

That is true for wholesalers with products in stores. I'm not sure the same applies to their online sell throughs.

@1Mike1 said:

@Lakesammman said:

Target is Wal-Mart's competition.

Actually, it's a double pun since Prime is Amazon's service and Walmart is Amazon's biggest competitor.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file